Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

I've asked this in the previous thread right before it was closed so I'll ask again...

What is a good clamshell case for the iPad 4?

I want something I can use on my lap (or on a pillow which is on my lap), and support the screen at a laptop-like viewing angle.

Somebody suggested the "New Trent Airbender" which looks nice...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Lexicon posted:

People actually buy these?! Might as well get an 11" Air...
I'm trying to decide between using my iPad 4 or selling it and buying a Macbook Air... Difficult choice since both are very awesome machines. (I only use both from the couch though)

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

There's a way to get emulators on non-jail broken devices through a website. Someone posted about it in one of the iPhone threads recently.
I'd be curious too... I'm guessing it involves having a developer account and compiling the binaries yourself or resigning existing IPA files.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Is it possible to wirelessly add videos to the iPad built-in video library over wifi?

I know you can sync to iTunes using wifi and that would work but requires it running on a PC 24/7, etc...

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Heh, I'm taking care of my newborn so this was a nice surprise to see at 3:00am EST. Ordered the 64GB AT&T (black) edition.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Anybody have recommendations on a nice case for the iPad Air?

Here's what I'm hoping for:
  • Light-weight
  • Built-in stand at different positions
  • Looks like a nice book (like a moleskine, I think?)
The Contegra case from Pad And Quill is beautiful (and expensive!!) but it seems a little bulky.

Also ... what is the best stylus for note-taking in meetings, etc?

Vinlaen fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 3, 2013

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Are there any cases for the iPad out that have a strong hinge allowing me to use the iPad like a laptop at any angle?

Something like this:

That case is the CruxCase which isn't coming out until January 29th, 2014.

ClamCase is also making one but also won't be released until January 2014...

Basically I just want something to prop up my iPad on my lap (or on a pillow) while I'm sitting on the couch so I don't have to look down at the device and get a stiff-neck. I also want something strong so I can touch the screen while it's propped up.

Any suggestions or do I have to wait for the above two cases to be released?

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Anybody compare games like XCOM on the iPad Air versus the iPad Air 2?

I'm wondering if it runs any smoother...

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Tested.com did. It makes a difference.
Thanks! I'll take a look at their video.

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

What is my best option (besides the trash) for fixing a cracked screen on a very old iPad 2? Apple wants $249.99 which is pretty laughable. :(

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

How do you folks hold the iPad Pro while sitting on the couch?

I feel like I need to rest it at an angle on a pillow, but the angle is never quite right. The iPad Air was light enough to hold, but the Pro is just a tad bit heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinlaen
Feb 19, 2008

You're an animal.