Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

KFJ posted:

Not much chance of going to an apple store/calling Apple Care because I'm in Iceland :saddowns:. I just tried restoring my network settings and it didn't help. Maybe I have to fiddle with the router, but that's always risky.

Take the iPad to a coffee shop and try it on their WIFI. Then you'll know if its your network or your iPad.
If its the iPad then back up and erase and then set-up as new to see if it's a software issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

It's all the 64-bit iOS devices, seemingly, since the iPhone 5s is also having these problems. The 7.1 betas supposedly fix it, though.

Not correct, happens to my iPhone 5 as well.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Roobsa posted:

My 5 is completely solid. Can't remember the last time an app crashed on that yet I get maybe 2-3 app crashes a day on the Air. Chrome is probably the most annoying one but the tab restore feature means I can't get too frustrated at it since I don't really lose anything.

Just to clarify, I'm experiencing spontaneous restarts since iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 & 1st gen iPad mini. This is a iOS 7 issue.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

WastedJoker posted:

Guys,

I've got a weird problem on my iPad Air.

Sounds play fine via music app, youtube, Battlefield Commander app etc but no sound plays at all on Infinity Blade III or The Room 2 even though the app settings are set to max volume.

I can't figure out why this is. Any ideas?

Edit: WTF, I had ringer muted and that was why those two games played no sound. Weird that it doesn't do the same for all sounds.

It's up to the individual apps as to whether they respect the ringer settings.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

Kevyn posted:

Is there a way to fool websites into thinking I'm using a regular desktop computer? Specifically, I'm trying to watch full episodes of The Daily Show on their website, but it tells me they're not available on tablets.

Yes. I use the icab browser as it allows you to configure it to be seen as the OSX version of Safari or a bunch of other desktop web browsers.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009
If I was Apple I would not include multi-user accounts. I want more people to buy iPads, not less.
Hardware is where I make my money.

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

hedgecore posted:

iOS 7 has significantly worse performance and battery life on my iPad 2 than iOS 6.

Duh. Every new OS is more resource hungry.
You shouldn't need to be told that it'll run worse on older hardware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caboodle
Oct 28, 2009

CaptainPsyko posted:

This is the opposite of true, however, with the vast majority of incremental releases of OS X since 2001 (other than a very sharp drop off in performance at the very bottom of recommended specs.), so no, it's not an unreasonable expectation as far as Apple is concerned.

Rubbish. Only 10.6 was less resource hungry than a previous version as it jettisoned all the PPC code.
Every version of OSX since 10.7 has required more resources & run poorer on older machines.