Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I have a 1st gen 12.9” iPad Pro and I freakin love the thing. I just charged it up so my partner could take it to an open house today to use it for music and signing in. I never would have thought it would be the apple product I’d get the most use out of and would last the longest.
I will say there was a time a year or two ago when I thought it was going to die. It would do the “plugged/unplugged” sound when trying to charge. I tried a number of chargers and cables. It was bad enough that I stopped using it for a while.
I don’t know wtf happened but I picked it back up some time later and started using it again. No issues at all and I’ve been using it for 2 more years. Craziest thing. Maybe some moisture got into it and then finally dried out? I really have no idea how it fixed itself.
I’m looking to get a new one this May for the sole feature of LiDAR. Want to try doing some NERFs and Guassian Splats :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Isn’t the LiDAR tied to the camera on the back?

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

Arivia posted:

Generation matters a lot when it comes to Apple pencils for drawing. In particular you absolutely non-negotiably want pressure sensitivity.

Was that what’s missing on the 1st gen iPad Pro and subsequently why all of the pencils are different?

I have a 1st gen and never had the desire to get a pencil for it… but recently thought I’d look it up and maybe grab one. The 1st gen needs a very specific pencil it seems.