Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The app truly is something awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My iPad just told me that I can do a three-finger grab/drop gesture for cut/paste now, which owns.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just punish them harshly when they don’t use it correctly.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I haven’t had a phone cord fail since at least the 30-pin days, what am I doing wrong?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Crayvex posted:

Well, it looks like the water got behind the home button. There were calcium stains from dried water all over it. One of the cats knocked over a full glass of water on our coffee table where my wife had left her iPad. It soaked in that water all night before we saw it the next morning.

That was 100% intentional, she obviously pays more attention to the iPad than the cat.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

ijyt posted:

Errors so glaring you wondered how they got into the product in the first place.

Whoda thunk a first-gen Apple product could be full of flaws.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yes, always.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You can have as many timers as you want, only one per device tho.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Nice

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Before you can comment on the camera bump or the screen notch you need to post a list of what successful products you have designed and how many have been sold worldwide.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Marvin is the gold standard for ebooks on iOS.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They should make it so you can charge a phone and a watch by setting them on top of a charging iPad.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

My 4.5 year old is going to be fully online for preK

What the heck does a 4.5 year old do at online school?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My new remote should arrive Monday, please note this in the thread records.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
You still have to dig out all that stuff when you run up against the thing or two that the iPad can’t do. But now you also have to spend half a day each time installing updates because the stuff hardly ever gets powered up.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I've seen some real POSs use them actually. Vacation pictures are the most common scenario.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A while back I used a phone app that make floor plans by holding your phone flat against a wall, one wall after the other from room to room. I think it worked purely off the GPS/compass and some kind of inertial calculation and was shockingly close to the right dimensions when I checked with a tape measure.

edit: It was MagicPlan I think.

withak fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 20, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Bottom Liner posted:

What's the best PDF reader? iBooks works great as a UI, but the organization is garbage and it bloats file sizes for some reason. I dropped <500mb in and now iBooks is using 2gb, and I need to put like 10 gigs more PDFs on here.

Someone dust off the old thread title.

edit: Goodreader used to be the universal recommendation for pdf viewers, not sure if that is still the case.

withak fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 20, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is the Apple Polishing Cloth approved for use on accessories?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Arivia posted:

I'm really enjoying my 13 inch one for what it's worth. Still plenty easy to move around and hold even at its largest size.

That’s what she said!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
iPads are kind of like dollar bills in that every one in circulation has traces of jizz on it. There isn't really anything you can do.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just put in some of those magnet connectors around the edges of each iPad so they can be snapped together into as large of an array as you want. When they are snapped together all of them but the first go into external monitor mode.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is one supposed to go on road trips without a raspberry pi??

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
These days “bricked” just means you need to reboot or reset or something.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
That's what it originally mean but nowdays kids say that something is bricked then they reboot it or reset it and they are fine.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Dictionaries are a historical record, not a rule book.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Just install PCalc, put it in RPN mode, and stop calculating like some kind of animal.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fate Accomplice posted:

If you want a calculator spend $4 and help out this dude:

https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20220916/p2a/00m/0sc/017000c

TLDR: retired engineer builds a simple dual calculator app, people go nuts at how useful having two side by side calculators that can transfer data back and forth are.

Imagine if someone had simply introduced this guy to an RPN calculator at some point in his career. :lol:

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Make sure the check it out before writing any twin calculator apps.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

I have some iPads Pro

Nice.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cover flapping in the breeze is a key part of the "taking vacation photos with my ipad" energy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:siren: Next iPadOS could ship with a calculator app :siren: