Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Zorklar posted:

When/if the new iPad 5's come out I'm planning on buying one and giving my old iPad 2 to my sister and her family(3 children). Good guy move or should I just sell it?

Good guy move. My kid has an iPad 2 and it does everything we ask of it. It irritates me it's the only device left in the house with a 30 pin connector, but that's such a minor issue I feel silly even typing it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Insidious posted:

As a first time iPad buyer, is it worth getting the higher storage iPads? I'm thinking about the 32GB because my 16GB Nexus 4 has felt limiting to me at certain times. Then again, with so many streaming services, is anything over 32GB overkill?

Like others have said, it depends on how you use the device. I have a 16GB Mini and mostly use it to stream video, browse the web, and read books. It has never once felt limiting to me, and I have plenty of free space on it. My daughter has a 16GB iPad2 and it's a constant struggle to keep enough free space on there for her. Some of her children's apps can run over 800MB. I would have much rather gotten the 32 or 64GB unit for her if I would have had a better understanding of how we were going to use her device.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

eddiewalker posted:

How are the Amazon Basics lightning cables? I've been thinking about getting the 6ft amazon cable to keep in my work luggage, but maybe a cheap genuine one and a slim USB extension would be better.

They're awesome and I highly recommend them. They're thicker than the OEM cable though, very well built.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Best Buy is probably your best bet. Make sure to make them pricematch Amazon though. I've bought more from Best Buy since they started PM'ing online shops than I ever have in the last decade.