Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Three-Phase posted:

The Verizon iPad 2 has no SIM slot. The ATT versions do, the Verizon 3 and 4s do, but the Verizon iPad 2 has no SIM.

Verizon uses CDMA networks. Most other carriers are GSM, and need SIM cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

BGrifter posted:

You just buy a burner and use the iPod Touch as a wifi-only iPhone. They're fantastic little devices, slimmer and nicer than the iPhone at a fraction of the price. $209 for the 16gb, $279 for the 32gb.

I have an old Nokia smartphone that I use for calls, and I had a 32GB iPod Touch that I used for pretty much everything else. I never had to worry about the battery dying and not being able to make an important call. But I lost it last month. Been holding off replacing it, just in case the 6G were to be announced this month, but I'm finally leaning to finally going for an iPhone 5s. Just annoying that it's not easily available in Northern Europe yet. But if a 6G with good specs were to be announced, I'd be very tempted to go for it. The price here would be around 50% cheaper. Not sure if the premium is worth it for the cellular radio / GPS.

melon cat posted:

I had no idea about the announcement coming on the 22nd.

Pretty sure the thread title has been like that a while now. ;)

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Xabi posted:

I forgot to mention that I'm using AVPlayerHD to play video files. Nevertheless, I still have problems with sound on a number of files. I could just research this stuff whenever I decide to get my hands on the files, but I often don't know beforehand if I'm going to watch stuff on my ipad or a laptop. It's a bit of a hassle and one of very few irritating things with the ipads IMO.

Try VLC? It's free at least. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vlc-for-ios/id650377962?mt=8

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Xabi posted:

My ipad keeps losing the wifi connection (the icon is still there, but there's no actual connection). How do I fix it? Google shows me some stuff that doesn't seem to properly fix it.

Do you have access to the router? Does rebooting the router work? I get this now and then with my iDevices. If t was juuuust a little more frequent, I'd start looking into a new router. But I could use an upgrade anyway.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Installed the 9 GM on my iPad 3 and....... I can't delete apps anymore. The icons shake, but no delete X. Lovely.

Check that restrictions didn't get switched on?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201304

Make sure the "Deleting Apps" is not selected.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Jose Oquendo posted:

I didn't notice any performance hits on iOS 9 with my Air 1. Sometimes the device is indexing at first or it's just a perceived hit when there's nothing there.

Same here, for what it's worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

Nysven posted:

Two fingers on the iPad keyboard gives you a cursor too.

:raise:

This poo poo needs to go in the OP.