Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
What a crock of poo poo that they're already cutting features out for the 3rd gen iPad. I understand 2 generations old iPhones, as those are 2 years old and are on the "Hey maybe you rubes should upgrade" train. But the 3rd gen iPad? That's a little over a loving year old. The 4th gen is essentially an iPad 3.5. Airdrop going to be on the Mini & the 5th gen Touch, both of which are less powerful than the 3rd gen iPad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Wengy posted:

No one who's used the 3 on iOS 7 for any length of time would write this. Come on.

I have a 3 and have no complaints about iOS 7 on it

I'm probably upgrading just because of the weight

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I very briefly played with an Air today, and maybe I let the hype get to me but I didn't find it hOLY SHIIIIIT light like some have been saying. Lighter than my 3, sure, but I'm still on board for the retina mini.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nessa posted:

So, I have a question. I've got an original iPad running 5.1.1 and my iTunes (11.4.1) won't sync with it anymore. Even when I plug the iPad directly into my iMac, iTunes doesn't see it.

The lady at the Apple store said that my iTunes may be too advanced for my iPad, which would require an iPad upgrade. I didn't think such a thing would be possible.

Should I just update to the latest iTunes, to see if it fixes itself?

Update to the latest iTunes, yes. If that doesn't work, it's either the cable (which she HOPEFULLY tested in the store compared to a known working one) or the iPad itself. The last one would necessitate an upgrade.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

ironlung posted:

We have an employee who "left the company" and their iPad Air has an activation lock. Is there seriously no other way around this other than contacting that person and asking them to remove the device from iButt? I have the box and original receipt proving it is a corporate device. This seems really stupid to me.

Do you have an Apple Store near you? Make an appointment at the Genius Bar and bring the original receipt. They may be able to remove the lock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
iOS 8.1 apparently has 3x assets: https://twitter.com/hamzasood/status/520012272274776064

iPad Pro running at 3x?