Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
I have the same question. I have an Air 2 and have not had any issues with it at all. Knowing I could get a $180 trade in and the new one for only $120 plus tax, seems like it would be good future proofing. I have found articles comparing the 2017 ipad to this 2018 ipad but cannot find anything comparing the Air 2 to the 2018. What would be the major difference, just the chip?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

eddiewalker posted:

The Air2 has a better screen and it’s quite a bit thinner than the 2017/18. I wouldn’t trade.

Pro is the upgrade path from the Air2. 2018 is a budget model.

Thank you!

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005
Looking for a recommendation. Currently have an Air 2 that I have had since release date. No complaints with it, but feel like I should upgrade. Looking at a refurb pro 2018 11 inch or a refurb Air 3. $550 for the former and $420 (nice) for the latter. The extra $100 or so is not a concern for me. I upgraded ever year prior to the Air 2, but this has treated me well for five years or so. I am looking to future proof a bit. Not exactly a power user, just use the iPad for content (reading, forums, controlling Sonos). Not sure if I would even use a pencil, so the second gen pencil with the pro is not a huge deal to me. Any recommendations?

clopping and cumming
Jun 24, 2005

tuyop posted:

I recommend continuing to use the same iPad that’s still working for you, fellow Air 2 user.

But consumerism!