Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

My retina iPad, which I got through Amazon back in December now has a small dent in one corner. I can live with it, but if I wanted to do something about it, what options do I have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

Say a new iPad mini is launched and it has everything I've ever dreamed of (e.g. retina display, slightly larger screen). What would my best option be for selling my current mini and iPad 4? The 4 has a miniscule dent in one corner that is purely superficial.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

FlashBangBob posted:

eBay, Amazon, Craigslist. The moment a new one is announced the prices on previous generation falls about 15-20%.

Okay, just wanted to make sure there wasn't one site that would be more successful than the default go-to resell sites.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

japtor posted:

Well Amazon has two or three routes to sell. You can sell direct to the buyer, send it in and have Amazon sell it for you ("Fulfillment by Amazon"), or sell it to Amazon. I did #2 for my first iPad way back, and thank god cause the drat buyer had buyer's remorse while it was in transit. Amazon took care of the return and still credited me the money...I have no clue how that worked or what the norm is, but I was happy. I did #3 for my mom's iPad just cause by that time the amount they were paying was about as much as I'd expected to get, so it was a good and easy deal.

eBay had something similar, but I don't know if they do it at certain times (like after refreshes or holidays) or if it was some other limited promotion.

I actually had no idea there were so many options on Amazon. I've never sold any devices that wasn't a transaction between myself and a friend.

Skittle Wood
Dec 10, 2005

What are my best options for getting an iPad Air? I've got an iPad 4 with a small superficial dent on the back of the top right corner and an iPad mini with a barely noticeable speck of dust under the screen. How much should I aim for if I sell these?