Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selane
May 19, 2006

hypersleep posted:

Anyone on iOS 8 noticing issues playing videos on the web? Weird buffering issues, glitchy playback, etc?

It even happens in the YouTube app. It'll start to play an HD video, but then stop and display the "buffering" animation, then begin playing after a while, then do it again, over and over until it refuses to play at all. I just tested this with the new Avengers trailer, which is only 2 minutes long, and it stops every 10 drat seconds to buffer.

iPad 4, iOS 8.1, latest YouTube app.

Not really, I've been using my Air 2 a bunch since I got it and I've watched several 1-2 hour long videos without any problems. As usual YouTube continues to perform 10x better on my iOS devices than in loving Chrome on my desktop. :what:

edit: I do not have the aforementioned wifi issues, so maybe it is related to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selane
May 19, 2006

spasticColon posted:

I just noticed that the sleep/resume button wiggles or has a little bit of play in it. Should I be worried?

I doubt it's a big deal, but for what it's worth mine doesn't do that. Do you mean just a little looseness, or are you talking iPhone 5s-level "literally rattles audibly when you shake the device a bit"?

edit: wait, I didn't see that you were talking about a Mini 2, I have an Air 2. Since the Mini 2 came out at about the same time as the 5s, maybe it is normal for it to have a rattly as gently caress wake button.

Selane fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 2, 2014

Selane
May 19, 2006

shodanjr_gr posted:

That works about 20% of the time.

They're fairly reliable, but you have to go over them pretty slowly and it's physically impossible to use them one-handed, which makes them practically useless anyway. If you need to use two hands it's almost as fast to just type in a pin.