Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
I'd really like to know that as well. Chrome and Safari absolutely poo poo the bed as soon as gif's come into play. Meanwhile, my Nexus 4 chugs along quite nicely (don't want to start an Android / iOS derail). It's really strange as it'll play 1080p mkv's without a hitch.

AlexF fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
As for the case: It sounds like you should probably go with a Portenzo.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

hypersleep posted:

100% brightness is like staring into the sun.

"Can you show me four percent?"

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Come on, the iPad 3 was slower than the iPad 2 pretty much from the start. Yeah, it had the super cool retina screen, but it never worked a smooth as the 2 did. That's why Apple rushed to the 4th in what? Five months?

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!
Another year of support and updates.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

ijyt posted:

Ok thanks, just the first reply made it seem support would be dropped sooner, 4 years is more than enough. Mostly interested in getting it now rather than waiting because A) it'd be on the birthday rather than after it, and B) a retailer is offering 3 years warranty instead of the usual 1.

Sorry, that was way too short. I should not post stuff like that from my phone.

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

loga mira posted:

I'm actually considering Surface 4 instead, sucks that it...is shoddily built probably.

Please get your hands on a Surface Pro before saying stuff like this. That thing's build quality is top notch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlexF
Jul 12, 2006

Gross!

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'd rather keep it if I can find its usefulness in the coming days. It's mostly why I asked a question here less than ten posts ago.

When I bought my first iPad (2, on the day it came out) I didn't really use it for about two months. It was always near me but I just...couldn't figure out what to use it for. I simply bought it because 'shiny new thing need to own!'.

And then, one day, it hit me that I hadn't turned on my PC or laptop for about a month because I always just used the iPad instead. It just took a while, but it completely changed the way I (and probably many others) do my electronics stuff.