Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Deus Rex posted:

I can't speak for virtualenv but rbenv works perfectly fine with zsh. They even supply a completions file for it.
virtualenv also works fine, although I had some issues with virtualenvwrapper that may be related to zsh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
A line per sentence diffs fairly well, and for many audiences you'll want to reword and split up most sentences that don't fit into a non-awkward width line anyway. Probably doesn't work too well for an academic paper or something, though.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

| is the statement separator, similar to ; in many languages. g invokes everything after it on each line matching the pattern. The thing after it is two statements: a replace operation on that line, and a let to increment the variable. The number increments because only the stuff after g// is run for each match, not the stuff before it. Here is that line translated to a more verbose pseudocode:
code:
let n = 1
for line in buffer.match('<p>'):
    line.replace('<p>', '<p id=' + n + '">")
    let n = n + 1

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

Destroyenator posted:

You can chain multiple calls if you have an enter key press in a register. I can't work out how to paste one into the command line without having pre-recorded it though.
Ctrl-V, Enter should work.

• Locked thread