Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

tekz posted:

Hey, I'm working on a rails app and thought I'd try out vim. Looking for a little help with getting it set up like an IDE. So far I've installed vim-rails, vim-ruby, Nerdtree and ctrlp. What plugins would you guys recommend for tab autocomplete, closing html tags, jumping to ends of blocks/methods/parentheses and search all files for text functionality?

https://github.com/rking/ag.vim is good and if you install silver searcher on your computer you can use it with ctrlP and speed up those searches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pooper Hero
Sep 11, 2001
The costumed crapper

qsvui posted:

Is there any reason to switch over to Neovim if you're just a simple user? I can't imagine there would be some killer plugin that's Neovim only.

I tried it for a bit and it didn't really offer me anything more than regular vim. I use neomake(like syntastic) with vim 8 and it works all async like, so the main selling point of neovim is already in vim now. Also there are no good gui clients on the level of macvim/gvim.

• Locked thread