Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Does anyone actually use elflord, or is it just there as like a self-parody or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
When I was doing project writeups and stuff in latex I just used wrap and linebreak and wrote it one line per paragraph. A lot of how you want to format things depends on what you're doing with the text and how you plan on distributing it to other people.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You should use BufEnter if you want to do something when you enter a different buffer. WinEnter, as the name implies, only fires when you switch windows.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
You might want something like :s/[(,]/\0\r/g in order to break after the opening paren as well as between arguments, and insert all the breaks you want instead of just the first one.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Well, it turns out the versions of GCC and Python on the school's computers are too old to even build llvm and clang. I don't suppose there's any other ways to get basic code completion for the standard C libraries, is there? I mostly just want it to catch when I typo printf to pritnf for the millionth time and remind me what the parameters are for library functions. Popping back and forth between the terminal and manpages is time-consuming when I just can't remember the order of parameters for a certain function.

Build a newer version of gcc, and then use it to build clang :v:

• Locked thread