Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
I know you can map a command on a search with g like '1,$ g/bad things/d'. Is there a way to map a macro across a regex as well?

Edit: forgot range in example

:ms:
:g/<pattern>/normal @q

leper khan fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Apr 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.
Learned about bufdo today and it saved me loads of headaches. If any of you need to execute a command across many files, take a look at it.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
So I decided to work from home today to avoid meetings and get some things finished up. And omnisharp-vim is saying that GoToDefinition et al aren't editor commands.
:ohdear:

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

qsvui posted:

Did your vimrc get messed up or something?

Yeah, I figured it out. I decided to update my vimrc but never bothered to make sure anything I did for windows got carried over.

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Just learned about buffersaurus which solves a need I had recently (regex search across open buffers). Unfortunately <C-n> and <C-S-n> aren't distinguishable by vim, so I can't have the mapping for next/previous match I want..

Anyone know if there's a PR that resolves this, or if it's in neovim? It's pretty annoying that I can't do it, but I'm not willing to open the vim source to see if it's fixable. :effort:

e: <leader>n isn't too bad I guess but still

leper khan fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Aug 1, 2016

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Jo posted:

Is there a non-bullshit vim plugin for Java? Something with autocomplete, quickdoc, and go-to def?

http://eclim.org?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010

Jo posted:

I had dismissed it as poo poo. "If I wanted the bloat of Eclipse...". Maybe unfairly so? I'll give it some additional consideration.

The eclipse runs headless and you get most of the good from it with minimal bad. It's still java though..

• Locked thread