Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to make UltiSnips and YouCompleteMe share a Tab binding, such that it will expand or proceed through a snippet if applicable and through completions otherwise? It seems like binding UltiSnips expand key to <Tab> prevents it from passing through to YCM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SavageMessiah posted:

YCM has ultisnips integration, read the docs.

The only integration YCM provides is autocompleting the snippet's shortcut. You still need to press a key to expand it, and the author's suggestion is remapping UltiSnips to something that doesn't conflict in order to do so. I'd like them both to share a context-sensitive key, which I think should be possible with a function in VimScript.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SavageMessiah posted:

Gotcha. I was just messing with YCM a few days ago, I guess it is I who should read the docs. I ended up not using it because it doesn't play nicely with clojure.

Yeah, luckily neocomplete is very nice and just as performant, with functioning integration with neosnippet. I like YCM's Jedi integration, though, so I'm still looking for a solution!

xtal fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 5, 2013

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
For posterity, I fixed YCM/UltiSnips by installing SuperTab (which itself has UltiSnips integration) and setting it to trigger <C-Tab>, which I've remapped YCM to. Essentially, pressing tab either activates UltiSnips or passes the event to SuperTab, which emulates YCM's mapping. Works like a charm.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
e: I tried to explain that but it was dumb so I'm removing it.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Submodules are perfectly fine

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Not really

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Having a terminal in your editor is dumb