Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Is there a reason to do that when you have expandtab set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Fair enough. I don't use non-vim vi for anything other than editing config files on old bsd servers.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

astr0man posted:

So vundle is pretty nifty.

I've been very happy with it; using vundle to manage my stuff is more pleasant than pathogen since I have all my vim config in a git repo, and submodules for pathogen are a pain.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

I use the Tomorrow Night color scheme just about everywhere I can.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

DreadCthulhu posted:

Just stumbled upon the native option to turn on column and line highlighting. It's super obnoxious, I'm finally in full Christmas tree mode.

I've mapped <leader>r to toggling rainbow parens, because while it is certainly useful, god drat it's garish.

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

However, each time I open gVim I have to manually call :PlugStatus, then "L"oad vim-perl.

If your concern is that PlugStatus shows that vim-perl isn't loaded after starting vim fresh, the "'for': 'perl'" part of that Plug line means to only load vim-perl once a perl file is opened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Civil Twilight
Apr 2, 2011

Hughmoris posted:

How do I get it to behave the same for a perl6 file?

Looks like what you want is:
code:
Plug 'vim-perl/vim-perl', { 'for': ['perl', 'perl6']}
Or you can just remove the curly-brace clauses entirely and let it load vim-perl on normal startup if that still gives you trouble.

• Locked thread