Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

That viemu poo poo in the OP is wack as hell, use vsvim: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/59ca71b3-a4a3-46ca-8fe1-0e90e3f79329

It's free and very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

astr0man posted:

I'll add all that stuff to the OP when I get back to my desk. Does VSVim support versions older than 2010?

Doesn't appear to, though I think there was a version of it back in the 2005/2008 days, but it was iffy at the time. It's quite good now. And free!

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I mean mine sucks too but that's because I don't use vim as an IDE :v:

(this is for Windows)
code:
syntax on

set guifont=Consolas:h11

set expandtab
set shiftwidth=4
set tabstop=4
set smartindent

set backspace=2

colorscheme wombat
wombat owns y'all

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Mentioned in my teeny vimrc post but wombat has served me well as a colorscheme for a while now. Some of these other ones look pretty nice and maybe worth a shot too.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Chin Strap posted:

As someone who is a really dedicated vim user, is there a reason to try eclim? I don't write Java. I'm not sure what IDE features from Eclipse I'm actually missing out on. My primary languages are Go, R, and Python. Is the stuff from Eclipse just more useful for Java/C++?

If you do decide to stick with Eclipse, I was using vrapper when I last used Eclipse heavily, and it was pretty good. It had one cool feature that I've not seen in any other vim plugin for an IDE - a toggle button to make it easy to turn off when others are coding in your IDE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Relevant to folks here probably, the vi/vim beta stackexchange thing launched: http://vi.stackexchange.com/

• Locked thread