Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Doctor w-rw-rw- posted:

That doesn't sound like a question for this thread, so maybe you should ask in the Linux thread. But if you'd like a quick answer, zsh does have much better autocompletion. Less compatibility with all the funky virtual environment manipulators (i.e. virtualenv, rbenv, etc.), though.

I can't speak for virtualenv but rbenv works perfectly fine with zsh. They even supply a completions file for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

tcomment.vim is my commenting plugin of choice. I used NERDCommenter for about a year before its lack of support for vim motions really got to me

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

The Laplace Demon posted:

As far as "unoptimizing" CSS, check out the five sed commands at the bottom of http://mabblog.com/source/shell/unCompress.bash. They do a pretty good job of it, and are a good springboard if you want to implement the functionality in vim.

if you have it installed already, you could also use the scss command line tool. on the whole buffer:

code:
:%!{scss -t expanded}
on a selection (the '<,'> will be autoinserted if you type : with a selection):

code:
:'<,'>!{scss -t expanded}

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

DreadCthulhu posted:

Need a recommendation for convenient bindings for quickfix list commands. Mostly open, close, next, previous etc. What do you guys use?

Been playing with Ack.vim + AG and would love to make that navigation snappier.

Experimenting with the following:

code:
nnoremap <silent> [c :cprev<CR>
nnoremap <silent> ]c :cnext<CR>
nnoremap <silent> [C :cfirst<CR>
nnoremap <silent> ]C :clast<CR>
and this plugin for toggling the lists.

I'm a big fan of tim pope's vim-unimpaired:

https://github.com/tpope/vim-unimpaired

• Locked thread