Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Is this the thread for belly rubs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Not everyone who posts here lives in Murica...

That first picture clearly has North American electrical outlets on the wall :colbert:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Did a thing today:

Please report to Dog HQ to receive your dog assignments:

Thurston and Louise patrol the off leash area for threats:

Konk is an old timer so he mostly supervises:

Threat detected! :frogsiren:

Return to base, we have an urgent belly rubs situation on our hands:

Dave and Cupcake would love of you visited their home. Just open the latch....

Smudge and Link head to the yard to work on their tug skills:

mrmcd fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Nov 24, 2015

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Hollow Talk posted:

The thing you did today, was it horribly breaking the forums tables? It was, wasn't it? Was it?

Replying so I can actually see those sweet, sweet dogge pictures.

I only have my phone with me and both imgur and the forums are horrible poo poo on mobile when trying to do images. :(

Edit: is it better now?

mrmcd fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 24, 2015

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Dogs are basically our oldest, cutest, biotechnology.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Princess Snookems DGAF

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4rAOg1o2q0

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

From Imgur

This is probably why school shooting numbers are up

I can't even tell wtf is supposed to be happening in that picture. It LOOKS kind of like a bunch of furries setup in a sad little hallway and expected people to come by and pet them while they barked or some dumb poo poo. I really hope I'm wrong about this one and I only think that because the Internet has ruined me.

edit:

Booblord Zagats posted:

With actual dogs or furries dressed as them. Because the latter is what's happening in the picture

God drat it. :suicide:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://twitter.com/SusumuYogurt/status/677306136341688325

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.facebook.com/SeanCaseyAnimalRescue/photos/a.378832716482.159179.17669251482/10153369605221483/

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Parent's are in town and we went to go visit a friend of my dad's from school, and she was dog sitting a cool as gently caress weimaraner.

This is Odin, thread. Thread, this is Odin:

He was kinda shy at first but after 15 minutes as alll about the belly rubs and high fives.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxPiee_joy0

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Did someone say dogs + GoPro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGCDUsyNkVU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

a life less posted:

Also pointed here to post good dogs from PYF. Here's my helper monkey Cohen who is also a very good dog.

Gravity is just a suggestion as far as she's concerned. And holy hell does she love the sound of her own voice.

After seeing the trick compilation video on youtube, I think your dog might actually in fact be a genius.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

A gigantic warehouse with concrete flooring that doesn't allow dogs smh (Costco)

Are you loving kidding me right now with that cuteness

I mean it's probably a liability insurance or health code thing more than them worrying about your dog pissing on the floor.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

mcbexx posted:

Just look at this guy...

That's a pretty good dog. I hope you gave it lots of pettes.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

My old dog used to have a similar reaction to quadcopters, or really anything that hovered or floated through the air. I think it's just that it triggers her hound prey instinct, as she would also freak the gently caress out over swallows and other birds in the park. Even managed to catch a few in her jaws on occasion when she got lucky.

She spotted a red-tailed hawk that was circling around hunting in the park once and lost her poo poo over it. A good 5 minutes of howling, barking, jumping in the air to the end of the leash while I got her to calm the gently caress down because I wasn't sure a 45 lb dog would win that fight, and I didn't want to be on YouTube as "that monster" if she did.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZCtWCzgWwg

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Did someone say gopro?

http://gothamist.com/2016/01/24/video_area_dog_checks_out_blizzard.php

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

http://www.runnersworld.com/running-with-dogs/hound-bandits-half-marathon-in-alabama

All dogges are good dogges but hounds are best dogges.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

The words are pretty great too:

quote:

“Every time I thought she had dropped off to go back home, I would hear her coming back up to me, and she would race past me up to the two leaders,” Clemens said. “She would run off to romp through streams and into yards to sniff around for a while.”

When Ludivine stopped to investigate a dead rabbit around the two-mile mark, Horvath caught back up with her. For the rest of the race, Ludivine stayed within 50 meters of Horvath, hopping on and off the course.

“One time she went over and met another dog next to the course,” Horvath said. “Later on, she went into a field with some mules and cows. Then she’d come back and run around our legs. I wondered if she was going to get tired or go back to wherever her home was.”

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

So glad to have a primadonna dog that doesn't just eat everything it sees

Well now you're never going to know the joy of pulling a poo poo covered tampon out of a dog's rear end in a top hat.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

That dogge'll hunt, yessir. :clint:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

The best part is the "ugh..." at the very end.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

get paid pupper

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4i6B6M6GaE

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

What the gently caress did I just watch?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

This is a marketing gimmick I approve of

If you live in a city with a Warby Parker store there's a bunch of facebook events where you can sign up to bring you dog for a photo shoot with sunglasses and stuff.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Confirm. Belly rubs received.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

http://www.tbo.com/ap/offbeat2/dog-comes-home-with-surprise-for-family-bag-of-marijuana-20160330/

Man why would that family narc on such a chill dogge? smh.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wife and i still looking for a pup .

How to find good dogge:

1. Go to Dog shelter / rescue / whatever.
2. Walk in to kennel and look for dogge that isn't losing its poo poo nor cowering in cage and is patiently waiting for so many pets.
3. Take dogge home.
4. Take all the other dogges home and give them all the pets.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

My parents got a new dogge:

Mini Aussie named Summer.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Tide posted:

Summer is a good dogge

Now throw the drat ball for that good dogge

She is in California and I am in New York and I cannot throw ball through internet yet.

drat it google get on this already there are so many good dogges waiting for balls!!

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Why is this ball not yet thrown, human?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I'm not sure how I feel about my dog being able to smell my leftover kidneys sewn up inside some strange lady.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

a life less posted:

We did a commercial. :3: It's gonna run before the trailers in movie theatres. Pretty neat, IMO.

Cohen cares very little for the publicity, but is digging the doggy biscuits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axQhpQWzfIM

That's awesome. My parents got a mini Aussie recently, and are astonished by how smart she is. On her second car ride to the park she learned how to operate the backseat windows so now they have to keep the child mode on. After the play sessions she herds them over to the leash storage area and makes them hang up all the ball launchers and toys to keep the house clean.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Found a vicious guard dog protecting an artist's studio / shop while wandering around in Sydney today:

His name is Izzy and he enjoyed licking my fingers. So many people here just let their dogs hang out and follow them around town off leash. They don't run off and just kind trot along behind their owners. It's like a city of awesome chill dog wizards.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

drive safe, pupper

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

I have known dogs that sometimes get a little freaked out if you hug them the wrong way just from the "lumbering large body trying to envelope and pin me down" aspect.

That being said, psychology today is woo woo pseudoscience bullshit not an actual academic journal. Also if a dog doesn't like it they will give a little growl saying "OK buddy I want some space." Otherwise, hug and pette all dogs jeeze this isn't rocket science.