Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
where's farlow

farlow and dogface are the only yospos approved dogs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I love him. And he loves me. Pongo has been home from the shelter for a week and is the best family dog ever.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

that was unprompted by me a couple of days ago. One of the twins just snuggled right in with him for a bit.

he loves car rides and going everywhere a dog is allowed. He’s already learned that the cashiers at Lowe’s have treats.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The wife is out of town so I took everyone on a hike this afternoon. It’s too beautiful outside not to.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I have a new kickass dog, two entire days to myself at home, a nice import Pilsner, some Jameson, and a fat sack of runtz. Happy loving birthday to me!

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
I will not apologize for posting too much Pongo because he is the best dog ever. Nearly six mile hike today and he probably could have gone for twice the distance.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 22, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
the last thing you see before you are licked and snuggled to death

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Pongo is apparently part lap cat. He is so good at snuggling whenever you want him to :3:

To answer the previous question, he is not a limey and is unaware of the term. That was his shelter name and we liked it and kept it.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

you better be ready when walking him at night because drat he is a strong motherfucker, nothing but muscle. he wants that rabbit soooo bad. My wife got pulled all the way across the street a few days ago because she wasn’t prepared for him to go after something.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Other than having a strong prey drive when he sees a rabbit/squirrel, he is generally pretty good at walks. Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered the gentle leader for when my wife walks him.

One of my twins absolutely *loves* Pongo. When they first met at the shelter, he kept laughing as he was getting licked and saying “I love him, I love him!” :3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Borrowed the ranger from my MIL to pick some things up from the garden center, it is hilariously barely big enough for both of us. Or is it the perfect size?!?

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 29, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Someone figured out where the solar oven is

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The gentle leader is a drat miracle device, walking him is much more relaxing. Ran across a bunny last night and I could control him with one hand and didn’t have to plant my feet, and he calmed down and kept moving a lot faster than usual.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Hmm, I was gonna cook five pork chops for dinner but there is suspiciously only four on the plate after stepping out of the room for 30 seconds. :iiam:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

explored a new greenway today that they just built in town

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
It was a beautiful, cool spring morning and I had nothing but conference calls, so we went on a hike.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
More conference calls means more hikes.

He is also very good at Wait.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Apr 7, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
how a very good dog walks on the rail-converted greenway, and pretty much ignores other pedestrians/bikers.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Took Pongo for a trail run at lunch, he absolutely loved it and did really fantastic for his first time.

A tired but happy boy.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 19, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
it’s a cold day outside, who wants to play?

...the top of that picture is just shy of six feet

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 20, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_-18XzpORU

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
there was a freak cold snap and snow storm today, so I took Pongo and my oldest kid out on a run while it was still coming down. Cold and wet but definitely beautiful.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Captain Invictus posted:

what do you use for your pictures? they're awesome. I'm using my ancient phone's camera which usually can take decent photos but not when it's dogs apparently

Thanks! Just an iPhone 12. I don’t even need the horsepower, but the camera is nice.

It was hard to take a bad picture this morning, absolutely beautiful out in the woods after the snow.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Did some off-leash on a sandbar in a creek nearby, he absolutely loved it.

https://youtu.be/czltLiuzmII

Oh and this is how he prefers to ride in the car on the way back from walks/hikes when he’s tired.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 23, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Met the most beautiful doggie at the next door neighbors, they had a friend over on the driveway. She was a rescue a few days ago and is just getting used to people. :3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Ok fine. He had a wonderful hike with the family this morning,

was a good boy meeting a friend’s dog,

very patient in Lowe’s and always great with the cashiers who love him (and have treats!)

And got a new toy from my mom who is visiting

please feel bad for Pongo, he has had a very rough day

oh and he enjoyed belly rubs during story time

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 25, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
My sister brought her new lab puppy over, meet Bella:

They got along extremely well!

All worn out.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 25, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
The town dog park is a mile away so I finally got a pass fob. Pongo has been an extremely good boy with every dog he has met so far.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
One of the twins was having a rough morning getting ready for preschool, so he went to go snuggle with Pongo :3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 30, 2021

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devmd01