Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
America's funny man Norm Macdonald does a weekly video podcast and it's pretty much always amazing. Here's the first episode featuring Super Dave Osborne:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5eIJ5Ev_u4

He cohosts the show with Adam Eget, who used to jerk off punks under the Queensborough bridge for 15 dollars a pop. Here's a link to every episode so far:

Episode 2: Tom Green
Episode 3: Fred Stoller
Episode 4: Russel Brand
Episode 5: Billy Bob Thornton
Episode 6: Larry King
Episode 7: Kevin Nealson
Episode 8: Simon Helberg
Episode 9: Nick Swardson
Episode 10: Andy Dick
Episode 11: Gilbert Gottfried

[indefinite summer hiatus]

Season 2!!
Episode 1: Ray Romano
Episode 2: Adam Sandler

You can get the audio on itunes. I enjoy listening to the show first and then watching it later because they never bother to explain anything that's going on visually which adds another layer to the humor. Also you get to see Norm's face upon the rewatch and it makes everything funnier.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 04:16 on May 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

Holy Calamity! posted:

He cohosts the show with Adam Eget, who used to jerk off punks under the Queensborough bridge for 15 dollars a pop man.

Fixed this.

This is the funniest loving thing I have ever heard and it's a shame that Norm isn't like Adam and Dr. Drew(my other most listened podcast until recently) and constantly blares about how to support him because I would click through anything and everything and would probably donate too, this podcast is fan-loving-tastic.

Where the gently caress is episode 11?

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
So happy this thread exists. Can't wait for the next episode. In the mean time, here's something I made (and previously posted in the Stern thread):

Alkaphanel
Dec 29, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08GSxY8c9eA

This is a few years old (Artie's suicide attempt is mentioned as recent news) but its the Tom Green podcast thats mentioned in Episode 2.

Great Norm stuff in this one and similar in tone to his own podcast.

Still not as good as the Super Dave episode though, the came out of the gate hard with that one!

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
This show makes me laugh uncontrollably and the best stuff so far has been Norm's ManGrate endorsements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
It makes a perfect gift for father's day, hey... is your dad still alive? No? Oh well, enter code NORM on the site there.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
One of my favorite moments from the Larry King episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKgXcDNuo4&t=46m15s

Good God, Larry...

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

lessthankyle posted:

One of my favorite moments from the Larry King episode:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKgXcDNuo4&t=46m15s

Good God, Larry...

Haha, that was great... I had only listened to that interview first time around, rather than watched, but watching the part of the Nick Swardson episode where they replay that clip makes it twice as funny. I hadn't expected that podcast vs youtube would have made such a difference.

For the poster who asked where ep 11 is, there wasn't one recorded this week, but the 'network' says show is meant to be back on Monday. But, given the format, I really wonder how long the show can run for- what happens when Norm runs out of old showbiz pals to invite on?

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Then they get Super Dave back on

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

The Real Quaid posted:

Haha, that was great... I had only listened to that interview first time around, rather than watched, but watching the part of the Nick Swardson episode where they replay that clip makes it twice as funny. I hadn't expected that podcast vs youtube would have made such a difference.

For the poster who asked where ep 11 is, there wasn't one recorded this week, but the 'network' says show is meant to be back on Monday. But, given the format, I really wonder how long the show can run for- what happens when Norm runs out of old showbiz pals to invite on?

2nd loop.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

Then they get Super Dave back on

I've seriously watched that at least half a dozen times and that's not something I can normally do. It's almost perfect. Their chemistry and the way he treats Adam is so loving funny. It's weird that the guy I watched when I was 5 doing stupid stunts is someone I still find hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o5m_mXadoU

I remember reading an interview and Seinfeld had no idea what he was going to say so his reactions are genuine.

Edit - The Russell Brand episode was the only one I couldn't get through. Listening to fat Norm talk about sex was too creepy for me. Plus I loving hate Russell Brand. Billy Bob's was kind of boring too.

Ariza fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jun 8, 2013

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
This bit about Albert Fish cracks me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLhgUYVIsk&t=3982s

I also lose it whenever Norm states that '9/11 really was a national tragedy' in just the most insincere tone of voice.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
His Hitler bit kills me, mainly because it goes on for a solid two and a half minutes and then brings it back for the whole three first minutes of the Larry King episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JevTVHJFWPQ&t=12m45s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpKgXcDNuo4&t=30s

Wasco Jr.
Jan 11, 2006

"Cut the kids in half"
"I didn't even know he was sick" Cracks me up

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

:stonk: Norm needs to take his doctor's advice and pump some eye-rin.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

:stonk: Norm needs to take his doctor's advice and pump some eye-rin.

I've only seen a few episodes but I love it when Adam gets him to talk about all the food he eats and Norm goes on to describe some large meal of fat and grease and you really understand why he looks like that now.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Can you guys leave him alone? He's stated several times he's gaining weight for a role. Lets all stop having fun at his expanse.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Does anyone know why Norm is wearing a USD hoodie every week besides that he's just fat and slovenly now? I went to law school there and I love Norm for wearing it.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

beergod posted:

Does anyone know why Norm is wearing a USD hoodie every week besides that he's just fat and slovenly now? I went to law school there and I love Norm for wearing it.

He wore a UCLA hoodie once too, I think he just likes random school's hoodies. Or they give him a hoodie when he performs there or something.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

a radii hike posted:

This bit about Albert Fish cracks me up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RLhgUYVIsk&t=3982s

I also lose it whenever Norm states that '9/11 really was a national tragedy' in just the most insincere tone of voice.

The Albert Fish clip was the one I was going to link. God drat, Norm's humor is the loving best when you 'get' it. As an aside, if Adam Eget gets any ACTUAL hate from people, which I think is just yet another 'bit' and all, people should watch Dom Irrera's video podcast (or whatever you wanna call it, he has a similar kinda show to this at the Laugh Factory) with his awful cohost, who is universally reviled by all the stand-up community. He's the awful Israeli guy who has no sense of humor, has a fascistic managerial style, and a hands-on approach to Laugh Factory stand-up business and everyone hates on him and it's glorious. Bill Burr has a great story about how awful he is.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He is also like 50, that poo poo happens when you show him against pictures of himself when he was 20

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Kull the Conqueror posted:

This show makes me laugh uncontrollably and the best stuff so far has been Norm's ManGrate endorsements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnjQKZpmRC0

Ahahaha the Mangrate's marketing department members are either the best or the worst at their jobs. Greg Proops poo poo all over them for months, and after that they go to Norm?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

beergod posted:

I think his son is going there.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The Sports Show was only 2 or so years ago and Norm looked thin and good there, too. Norm bloating up has to be intentional for comedy, he's the kind of guy who'd do that sort of thing.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Apoplexy posted:

The Sports Show was only 2 or so years ago and Norm looked thin and good there, too. Norm bloating up has to be intentional for comedy, he's the kind of guy who'd do that sort of thing.
Pretty sure he lost weight for Sports Show, as he was pretty fat on his last stand-up special right before Sports Show. I remember seeing a Sports Show preview clip where he was eating eggs whites and spinach in order "to not be a big fat pig anymore."

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
You can't really blame him, who the gently caress can eat egg whites and spinach and still be funny? It hasn't been working for Howard.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

AxeManiac posted:

You can't really blame him, who the gently caress can eat egg whites and spinach and still be funny? It hasn't been working for Howard.

There is a middle ground between buckets of gravy and fried chicken and spinach. That video of him eating sandwich after sandwich with animal noises was funny. I don't care what he eats as long as he keeps saying gently caress though. That man knows how to use that word. 'Drink it you fucker!'

joshsboringlife
Apr 21, 2011

All I did was offer to kill your dog and the next thing I know I am being judged.
I remember listening to an episode of the Howard Stern Show where Artie claimed that Will Ferrell's part was originally supposed to be played by Chris Farley who died two days before they taped this. His screaming at the end would've been perfect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBccb67yYU

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
That sounds like his Harry Caray

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
According to the VPN twitter account, Gilbert Gottfried is this week's guest. Holy crap. This could be gold.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
This show is so great.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Boy, these bastards take forever putting up shows and they kill the live feeds after they air.

widunder
May 2, 2002
I haven't fallen in love with a show so quickly since UYD all those years ago. This is the format Norm was made for.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
e: Gilbert episode is up on itunes :toot: The youtube's still set to private for some reason though.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 12, 2013

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAkLGLviGk

you're just at the wrong link I guess.

Hilarious episode, couldn't stop laughing.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

Terror Sweat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtAkLGLviGk

you're just at the wrong link I guess.

Hilarious episode, couldn't stop laughing.

Thanks, I was sorting by most recent episode on the Video Podcast Network page where I got all the other episodes and I didn't see it! I'm listening now and it's every bit as hysterical as I imagined. This show is seriously nonstop gold.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Norm being completely incoherent in the intro is gold. As is Jack Link's beef jerky! :haw:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Apoplexy posted:

Norm being completely incoherent in the intro is gold. As is Jack Link's beef jerky! :haw:

That's what makes this podcast so good -- it's an opportunity for Norm Macdonald to just say whatever the hell he wants to say with a guy who isn't a comedian for him to call a dumbass and a bunch of his friends as guests. He can just go wild and talk about Rodney Dangerfield being poo poo or Kony's child soldiers chopping your arms off for 20 minutes and no one can stop him and it's majestic.

edit: Also Adam Regret is the perfect sidekick for this and I'm so glad this is a video podcast, this is coming up quick against CBB as my favourite podcast.

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jun 12, 2013

Analog
Feb 2, 2001

That was a great episode - two of my favorite comedians and a guy who used to jerk off punks under the Queensborough bridge for 15 dollars a pop.

The previous Andy Dick episode was pretty good too. Norm had some fantastic lines in that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
I think this might be my favorite episode yet.

Gilbert's first joke was :stare:

• Locked thread