Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
Eget tweeted that there will be no new podcast tonight :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

cletus42o posted:

Is the video available as a video podcast that I can subscribe to? I've been listening every week but I don't really have the time to watch on YouTube during the day, but I could easily start watching it on my commute. I'm not seeing it available in iTunes - I remember getting video podcasts alongside regular ones a few years ago.

I'm pretty sure the itunes is just the audio.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

theradiostillsucks posted:

That's a little surprising, not because it's a great product or anything, but even as a casual listener of comedy podcasts, I know they've sponsored Bill Burr's Listen to Me Talk About Boring Sports Monday Morning Podcast (kidding, it's usually pretty good when he doesn't stay on sports forever) and Greg Proops' podcast pretty regularly, though I think they had a falling out with Proops as well, but I don't know enough about what does on behind the scenes to say for sure. They're no Stamps.com, Audible or Legalzoom, but they've been putting a lot of their marketing dollars into podcasts for a while it seems.

Oh, I'm not sure. This is the only podcast I listen to. I tried a whole bunch, and they just seem like rambling messes from neurotic people. At least Norm cracks me up.

Bloody Holly
May 29, 2007

the George Washington of breadfucking

Vagithug posted:

Eget tweeted that there will be no new podcast tonight :(

Cathy Griffin pulled out (Like Fred Stoller on her couch)

nub
Jul 20, 2009

Keep talking.
Norm is the greatest. I hope he can get Artie on an episode. Now that they're both fat fucks they should make Dirty Work 2: Work Dirtier.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp

nub posted:

Norm is the greatest. I hope he can get Artie on an episode. Now that they're both fat fucks they should make Dirty Work 2: Work Dirtier.

Or Dave Chappelle (just watched Screwed this weekend) or Conan since I liked a lot of the episodes he appeared on that show.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Now you're playing with power.
Norm MacDonald is doing a podcast? holy loving poo poo. Thanks thread!

Norm has some of the best comic timing ever to grace this earth.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
He's coming back tonight right? It's been awhile and I've never been more excited about a show since this one. Man alive, I hope it takes off and is worth them doing, but it looks like his numbers are not that great on youtube, hope his directTV version or whatever is doing better.

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

AxeManiac posted:

He's coming back tonight right? It's been awhile and I've never been more excited about a show since this one. Man alive, I hope it takes off and is worth them doing, but it looks like his numbers are not that great on youtube, hope his directTV version or whatever is doing better.

I'm a huge Norm MacDonald fan and I just found out about it today! Hope it spreads further. Like a sickness.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

AxeManiac posted:

It says hes on an extended hiatus for the summer

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Aw gently caress.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

Bundt Cake posted:

It says hes on an extended hiatus for the summer

Since the Andy Dick episode at end of May, Norm has recorded only once in 5 weeks. Hope I'm wrong, but this new 'extended hiatus' doesn't sound very promising for future the show :(

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I know he's got a weird sense of humor...

Did anyone watch that?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

The Real Quaid posted:

Since the Andy Dick episode at end of May, Norm has recorded only once in 5 weeks. Hope I'm wrong, but this new 'extended hiatus' doesn't sound very promising for future the show :(

Do you think anyone's going to let him give up on this show that quickly when it's become so popular so fast? Norm's popular as gently caress still, and he's probably generated a ton of ad revenue for VPN.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Do you think anyone's going to let him give up on this show that quickly when it's become so popular so fast? Norm's popular as gently caress still, and he's probably generated a ton of ad revenue for VPN.

Had a look on the show's youtube channel, and he does have a lot more views than I would have guessed, a lot more than the last time I checked... probably about 800k in total. The Russell Brand show was #1 with just over 100,000 views. I don't know anything about the economics of professional video podcasting, but those do seem decent numbers. I think you could be right about the ad revenue. I am more optimistic about the show returning now.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Apoplexy posted:

Well yeah but Norm is only doing this because he finds it fun to hang out with his friends and talk. It's not like he makes anything from this.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
So this podcast is dead right?

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Evil Agita posted:

So this podcast is dead right?

"Live is still on Summer break." -Video Podcast Network as of 7 hours ago.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
Norm is just taking a hiatus while he puts on some weight for a new film roll.

How Much Art
Oct 29, 2003
Trampoline Destroys Bear
I have a feeling this will be yet another thing Norm flakes on. Geniuses tend to be unstable.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
This might help ease the pain a little, some classic Norm: http://deadspin.com/5587385/deadspin-classic-espn-will-never-ever-do-this-again

Cellophane S
Nov 14, 2004

Haha loving amazing.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Charles Woodson was not pleased with that OJ joke

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I love the Anthony Mason joke so much, I couldn't even remember who it would be about in 1998, but it was crystal clear in exactly where it was going.

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
Norm has been tweeting lately, hopefully the podcast will return soon :pray:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Vagithug posted:

Norm has been tweeting lately, hopefully the podcast will return soon :pray:

Hopefully indeed, this delay is a crime against humanity.

Also, hopefully he doesn't start Tweeting about religion and lose motivation due to all the negative feedback.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster
It was probably a joke, but a month or so ago, Adam Eget tweeted that him and Norm are writing a new screenplay...

Pilot Jim
Aug 23, 2007
Norm tweeted to Rob Schneider earlier tonight, "see you on the podcast". I don't know if Rob has a podcast, but I'm going to take the optimistic route and hope that means Norm's show is coming back soon.

The Real Quaid
Jun 29, 2012

Pilot Jim posted:

Norm tweeted to Rob Schneider earlier tonight, "see you on the podcast". I don't know if Rob has a podcast, but I'm going to take the optimistic route and hope that means Norm's show is coming back soon.

Yep, the context was Norm inviting Schneider onto his video podcast, and Rob replying "Anytime". So certainly sounds like at least one new episode coming up soon. :cool:

Vagithug
Dec 27, 2012

by Ralp
The podcast was really just an art project Norm was working on.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
The hiatus has been extended from "Summer" to "Indefinite."

So, basically, Norm finally finds a medium where he can't fail and flakes out.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Irish Joe posted:

Give him a couple of months to accumulate some gambling debt and he'll be back.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Irish Joe posted:

Assuming Norm spent the Summer gorging on gravy and lard, they are probably waiting for elevators in the studio building to be reinforced.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Jesus Christ, why did this have to end so quickly? It was my favorite new podcast for those few weeks, now it's dead. Ugh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Apoplexy posted:

Jesus Christ, why did this have to end so quickly? It was my favorite new podcast for those few weeks, now it's dead. Ugh.

Because it was run by Norm Macdonald. We'll always have the man grate :(

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

Give him a couple of months to accumulate some gambling debt and he'll be back.

Norm wasn't getting paid for the podcast.

Maybe all the fat jokes got to him. Or maybe hes a lazy degenerate.

Maelaevi
Sep 24, 2013
Is it really over? I cant believe it. This was one of my favorite things to watch. I've been a fan of Norm since he was on the old Tom Green show which he did from his house in 2006. Norm was a quest there and told the story of him getting drunk for the first time in his life. He loving destroyed me I couldn't breath from all the laughing. I wish I could find that episode from somewhere but its probably lost forever. He told a lot of great stories in that one it lasted like 3 or 4 hours.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
Norm always seems drunk, which is weird because he says he's never drank or I guess just doesn't drink, never heard his getting drunk story.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
It's shocking when things are not available anywhere on the internet now. I could only find a clip (which was funny but mentioned rape so watch at your own risk) from that show. Someone has it recorded and it will uneventfully pop up on YouTube someday. I hope Norm finds something that he can stick with someday, he just seems so monumentally depressed sometimes.

AxeManiac posted:

Norm always seems drunk, which is weird because he says he's never drank or I guess just doesn't drink, never heard his getting drunk story.

His 'drink it you motherfucker!' bit with Adam Eget was funny as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
"Norm, I was six months sober... "

"Yeah? What about your fuckin shaving cream poo poo? Huh? You think I liked that?"

• Locked thread