Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I saw the gameplay demo of this at E3...I want this game. It's juvenile, it's ridiculously over-the-top, it's ludicrous, and it looks kind of fun.

The final battle of the demo was a QTE fart battle against Cartman. At one point you poop in a urinal and get it as a one-use weapon. Your lightning attack is throwing water on the opponent and tasing them, your ice weapon is a fire extinguisher. You have fart powers. I mean, literally, what makes you so special and powerful is that you have exquisite control over your farts.

It's retarded, and I'm looking forward to it. Also the game looks spectacular, like it was taken straight from the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
That's right, son. He just turned around, bent over, and, I swear on Jesus, it was a like a laser beam come right outta his rear end in a top hat. People were dyin'. People were screamin'. It was noisy - like the elephant stampede of '67, only now tweren't no elephants but people dead just the same.

That's where I met your mother, boy. It's where we lost your uncle, rest his soul. You ain't never asked, but that's why we homeschool you; just can't trust those new kids.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013
Gameplay Footage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSefQnHi-S8

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Eddain posted:

Has Ubisoft confirmed that the PC version is going to use their UPlay system? If so I think I'll get the PS3 version instead.

This is pretty much like asking if Valve will use steam or EA will use origin.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

This is pretty much like asking if Valve will use steam or EA will use origin.

Those are really bad examples because games under the EA Partners label aren't required to use Origin. Ubisoft games aren't required to have UPlay either, the latest Call of Juarez game is steamworks as well.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

TheCoon posted:

Those are really bad examples because games under the EA Partners label aren't required to use Origin. Ubisoft games aren't required to have UPlay either, the latest Call of Juarez game is steamworks as well.

The latest Call of Juarez game was also a 15 dollar, low-profile little game. I would count on uPlay being there in all its grotesque, obnoxious glory. I *hope* it's not, because I can't loving stand uPlay in general, and I extra hate it for being an overlay within an overlay when I buy poo poo off Steam that has it.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

5er posted:

The latest Call of Juarez game was also a 15 dollar, low-profile little game. I would count on uPlay being there in all its grotesque, obnoxious glory. I *hope* it's not, because I can't loving stand uPlay in general, and I extra hate it for being an overlay within an overlay when I buy poo poo off Steam that has it.

I was really just trying to illustrate that non-internal Ubisoft games don't have to use Uplay. Techland used Steamworks for CoJ Gunslinger and The Cartel. South Park was originally going to be a steamworks release and i'd be surprised if Obsidian change that.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

TheCoon posted:

I was really just trying to illustrate that non-internal Ubisoft games don't have to use Uplay. Techland used Steamworks for CoJ Gunslinger and The Cartel. South Park was originally going to be a steamworks release and i'd be surprised if Obsidian change that.

It can still be Steamworks AND get that lovely uPlay interface. I would just expect the worst, to avoid disappointment.

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

It's already been taken down

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 676 days!)

Gameplay footage has been taken down by youtube. Any mirrors?

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

Not My Goodies posted:

Gameplay footage has been taken down by youtube. Any mirrors?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRXro26EK5E

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Zombie nazi cats? I'm sold.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

That looks pretty great to be honest. I'm glad they are sticking 100% with the show's art and animation style. Even the UI stuff looks like it's right out of South Park's animators.

Also sidenote, has there really not been a South Park thread in TVIV since halfway through last season? Did TVIV just collectively stop watching?

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Macaluso posted:

That looks pretty great to be honest. I'm glad they are sticking 100% with the show's art and animation style. Even the UI stuff looks like it's right out of South Park's animators.

Apparently that was one of Matt and Trey's big concerns when the game was first being set up. Obsidian had to put together a proof of concept showing they could do a game with the show's aesthetic style before they'd sign off on it.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H7xTvWLtPE

Looks like we have a release date! 12/10/13

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.
Full press release, for anyone so interested.

South Park Studios.com posted:

UBISOFT ANNOUNCES SOUTH PARK: THE STICK OF TRUTH RELEASE DATE, UNVEILS GRAND WIZARD EDITION, REVEALS NEW TRAILER AND EVERYTHING

Limited collectors’ edition a must-have for die-hard South Park fans.

THE 17TH SEASON PREMIERE OF “SOUTH PARK” AIRS TONIGHT AT 10:00 P.M. ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL®

Today, Ubisoft, South Park Digital Studios, and Obsidian Entertainment announced South Park: The Stick of Truth, will be available on the North American continent on December 10 for the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and Windows PC.

Fans can check out the latest action in South Park: The Stick of Truth by watching the new “Destiny” trailer, released today. In the trailer, the New Kid steps forth and fulfills his, well, destiny.

About South Park: The Stick of Truth
Arm yourself with weapons of legend to defeat underpants gnomes, hippies and other forces of evil. Discover the lost Stick of Truth and earn your place at the side of Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny as their new friend. Succeed, and you shall be South Park’s savior, cementing your social status in South Park Elementary. Fail, and you will forever be known… as a loser.

In addition, consumers who pre-order South Park: The Stick of Truth will also receive the Ultimate Fellowship Pack. Choose your class and pick your perk with four exclusive Stick of Truth costumes that come equipped with special abilities. Suit up as the Necromancer Sorcerer to increase your fire damage, earn extra gold by equipping the Rogue Assassin outfit, deal extra weapon damage with the Ranger Elf costume, or raise your defense with the Holy Defender outfit.

South Park: The Stick of Truth Grand Wizard Edition, a must-have for any self-respecting South Park fan worth his weight in cheesy poofs, will also be available on December 10 for the expected retail price of $79.99. This limited Grand Wizard Edition features a trove of mystical items from the deepest reaches of South Park to aid you in your quest to acquire the Stick of Truth and rid the realm of evil.

The Grand Wizard Edition includes:

South Park: The Stick of Truth Game

The full game on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, or PC.

Grand Wizard Kidrobot® Cartman Figure

Pose the Grand Wizard Cartman and his stick of authority with this six-inch replica figure from Kidrobot®. The Grand Wizard Cartman figure is not available in stores and can only be found in the Grand Wizard Edition.

Kingdom of South Park Map

The entire town of South Park has been charted, plotted, and mapped. Chronicle your own conquests with this one-of-a-kind piece of South Park history.

The Stick of Truth Ultimate Fellowship Pack

Unlock the ultimate fellowship! Included for free in the Grand Wizard edition.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Any one know of any other gameplay footage links? This one is set to private.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

BexGu posted:

Any one know of any other gameplay footage links? This one is set to private.

I'm not sure it's still around. Sorry.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Macaluso posted:

Also sidenote, has there really not been a South Park thread in TVIV since halfway through last season? Did TVIV just collectively stop watching?

Last season was half length and they all will be from now on. We haven't had an announcement for season 18's start so that's likely why there's no thread.

EDIT: According to wikipedia season 18 starts tonight in the states. Much Music has it in Canada, for some strange reason.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 25, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Troll Bridgington posted:

Okay this looks awesome, I can't wait to play this. I laughed pretty hard at that trailer.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Finally, I really hope this is good. It just looks and feels like South Park, so let's hope the game part doesn't drag it down.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

Last season was half length and they all will be from now on. We haven't had an announcement for season 18's start so that's likely why there's no thread.

It starts tonight.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mokinokaro posted:

EDIT: According to wikipedia season 18 starts tonight in the states. Much Music has it in Canada, for some strange reason.

There is a new thread in TVIV that was posted a few days ago.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013
Found a link to the leaked gameplay on Neogaf.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x146qwl_s-p_videogames?start=1

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

So yeah, it looks like Paper Mario with point-and-click adventure game elements. I'm sold on this one.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Man, it shouldn't be that surprising considering how the show is deliberately crummy looking but I'm still really impressed how the game looks exactly like the show does. Really stoked for this.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I haven't watched the show since the movie came out but this looks incredible. I'm definitely picking it up at some point unless it's completely broken or something.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I love Obsidian, but I'm a little iffy on this. Maybe because I literally haven't seen South Park since the movie came out.

I think I'll probably hold off for a bit. If it gets good reviews here though, I'm excited for a new Obsidian RPG!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Can I play as Randy Marsh?

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

Hakkesshu posted:

Finally, I really hope this is good. It just looks and feels like South Park, so let's hope the game part doesn't drag it down.

When I first found out about this game, I had to look for a solid 30 minutes at trailers and screenshots before I was convinced it was actually the game. My mind is still kinda boggling at how it will all work/play.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

The position the kids fall in when they die always cracks me up.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Obsidian, a faithful graphical representation of South Park and a script written by Trey and Matt pretty much guarantees a purchase from me. I'm INCREDIBLY tempted by that Cartman Kidrobot figure too. That thing's beautiful.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Troll Bridgington posted:

That trailer was loving amazing. Goddamn. It was like watching a trailer for a new South Park movie. And the Jimmy joke cracked me up as did Randy's bit. Can't wait.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
This looks very promising, although I have seen anything about there being a sword with a dragon on the blade.

It wouldn't be complete without being able to acquire a sword that's got a dragon painted right on the blade!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I love how you can tell it's an Obsidian game because they explicitly call out their archetypal "charismatic stranger who recruits all sorts of people to their side".

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I love how you can tell it's an Obsidian game because they explicitly call out their archetypal "charismatic stranger who recruits all sorts of people to their side".

That's literally almost every rpg, though. And it's more Bioware than recent Obsidian games, if we're going to list big famous dev houses.

Playing games like New Vegas or something, while the npcs were pretty cool sometimes, you explicitly did not need them in order to play or beat the game. Therefore I either don't fully understand your point, or your point is wrong. :colbert:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

BioWare's narrative shtick is more "you're a member of a powerful organization that gives you leeway to pick from two binary moral choices", though. In both Alpha Protocol and KOTOR 2 you are literally told in the beginning, "You have a quality about you that makes people drawn to you and gives you great influence over them," and it's the same deal in basically-Obsidian Planescape: Torment.

It's less explicitly stated in dialogue in New Vegas though it's very easy to go down that road there too.

Pringles_School
Jul 24, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

BioWare's narrative shtick is more "you're a member of a powerful organization that gives you leeway to pick from two binary moral choices", though. In both Alpha Protocol and KOTOR 2 you are literally told in the beginning, "You have a quality about you that makes people drawn to you and gives you great influence over them," and it's the same deal in basically-Obsidian Planescape: Torment.

It's less explicitly stated in dialogue in New Vegas though it's very easy to go down that road there too.

Its pretty much Biowares stick since a while ago (If you think about the whole game, not just one line) (Recruit the best). It was especially hilarious during 2009/2010 with Mass Effect 2 and DA:O.

Obsidian may make a point of you being a charismatic figure that draws people but it hardly ever plays out the same or its even mandatory to recruit followers (with a few exceptions)

(Aside from the fact that in this case it is most likely meant to be a parody of the trope)

Pringles_School fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Sep 26, 2013

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
Ah, here you are thread. The previous one had disappeared and this one was hidden past first page.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

But only Obsidian will point out this fact, because they understand this, and Bioware might just not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I pre-ordered this ages ago based on 'Obsidian RPG' and I found the first trailer pretty funny.

I have to say the gameplay trailer doesn't really do it for me though and I'm not a huge fan of the Mario RPG style combat.

Hopefully I won't regret this but hey I spent the money so long ago it's not like it'll be a big deal if I find it's not my type of game.

• Locked thread