Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

It's worth mentioning that Kris seems to be using some of his old Ichor Falls ideas for Broodhollow. For example, the Maddie chapter is called "Curious Little Thing", which is also one of his IF stories, featuring a very similar "can only haunt opening/closing things" ghost. So decide for yourself if reading IF will spoil anything for you.

The spirit poor Wadsworth seems to be dealing with now seems to be The Stitched Man, per this list: http://www.ichorfalls.com/local-legends/

A lot of people don't know that Kris Straub was also the originator of Candle Cove. It's weird how much that one took off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Cat Mattress posted:

Maddie's a friendly ghost that tries to protect people from the evil ghost. (Just like Casper.) And Wadsworth, thinking she's the culprit, made sure to be out of her reach. (There's no way Mr. Spectral Tailor here is referring to Iris as Zane's protector.)

If this is the case, odds are good that she will end up being just as bad (in a different way, of course) as this guy.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

PleasingFungus posted:

Re-reading the comic just now (it's not very long!), I spotted the first appearance of Cadavre. Sneaky!

Some of the Cadavre strips Kris made are still on the old Chainsawsuit Labs site.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Here's a fun scenario: Harker doesn't survive the fire, but pops up as a ghost immediately and convinces a handful of people (without letting them see him) that he survived. You can do these things when you have enough money. He then forms a secret society full of people who pull hooded robes over their eyes, and runs things out of his mansion for another few years.

Result:
- General population thinks he died.
- Secret club thinks he faked his own death for whatever reason, willing to do his bidding.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I really hope demon-wing Wadsworth in the sixth panel there doesn't symbolize or foreshadow anything.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

You know what would be extra creepy? If he starts writing stuff down, has a perfectly normal day, and then the chapter ends with a view of the journal and it's filled with things that both he and we, the audience, have 'forgotten'.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Hate to be a downer, but he's not loving with us, he just edited it.

Kris posted:

Oh, someone mentioned it and I removed it. It made no sense; I'm used to drawing blood around dead bodies, but it's too confusing a cue. He would have had to have died in the last 5 minutes, which isn't the case.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

I'm not so sure that's a good idea. At least part of the message of that dream seemed to be that the pattern is a trap. After all, it was only by trying to trying to keep away one ghost using the patterns that he ended up getting caught by another one. Perhaps there's some enemies coming up that you are only vulnerable to if you're aware of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Well, that sent a shiver up my spine.

So, place your bet:

a) Grandfather's diary, wrote down everything like Zane
b) Zane has been stuck here way longer than he thinks, he had time to write that whole diary, forget the whole thing, and start fresh without realizing it
c) Diary pulled directly out of his subconscious, contains dark secrets man was not meant to know

• Locked thread