Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Bobulus posted:

The spirit poor Wadsworth seems to be dealing with now seems to be The Stitched Man, per this list: http://www.ichorfalls.com/local-legends/

I don't know if he'll use the same backstory or not, but that's a name we've seen. Harker the tailor is the guy who founded the Skull & Shovels Society after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Maddie's a friendly ghost that tries to protect people from the evil ghost. (Just like Casper.) And Wadsworth, thinking she's the culprit, made sure to be out of her reach. (There's no way Mr. Spectral Tailor here is referring to Iris as Zane's protector.)

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What do you mean, not end well? The cavalry came to the rescue. Zane is in good hands now. Winghands. Whatever.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

nimby posted:

Warning: The above spoiler contains a sort of pun.

Turns out your pun kinda... panned.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This is the work of a true master of copy-paste.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Improbable Lobster posted:

http://broodhollow.chainsawsuit.com/2013/06/28/latecomers/

The Bottlefly Boys are pretty great. I hope they stay nice.

I can't help thinking that Maurice is French, Morris is British, and Maris is Russian. So I'm waiting for a rival team consisting of a German, an Austrian or Hungarian, and an Italian. I'm probably reading far too much into it, though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
My own theory on the traditions and holidays is that they're culturally ritualized manifestations of what Wadsworth calls the Pattern.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hey that's clever. The static is actually a background image, and the animation merely consists in making more and more of the comic transparent.

If you do read the fake comments before going back to the strip, though, you'll probably miss when "you have to go inside" flashes over the static.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
What is Iris looking at? It's not the body.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Looks like someone likes Zane!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Edit: Oh haha, someone in the comments pointed out the writer guy is totally Kris' friend Mikey Newmann, if you listen to the Chainsawsuit podcast you may remember he bought one of the kickstarter tiers where he gets to be a character in Broodhollow.

I prefer this theory for the secret origin story of the character:

Ted posted:

Guys, H. David Novacek is an anagram of "vodka and chive."

The implications clearly speak for themselves.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A French skeleton like Cadavre would call Time a "he", not a "she". (I guess it's like pseudo German where every article is just "die" because it's easier than to try to get der/die/das+declensions right).

A big flaming stink posted:

Man, I like this comic but the pace is approaching Ava's Demon-level of glacial plot development

Broodhollow's plot speed is either broodingly slow (most of the time) or extremely fast (climax of a story). I'd say the aim is to make it seem like there's a looming threat that something could unfold suddenly at any moment, but for now it's quiet, too quiet.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hey, don't knock it off, it worked!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If memory serves

Good question, Zane. Good question.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It's her again!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Hergé famously did that very consistently in the Tintin series.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Carrasco posted:

Spending the night and not remembering it later just makes it even more scandalous.

How will Wadsworth explain himself to Iris' father? :ohdear:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Kris Straub made some comments about Broodhollow while talking about reviews he got:

quote:

I was surprised to learn that people feel like this chapter is moving faster than the first book, when previously the consensus had been that it was moving slower! The slowness has been necessary — with the focus of Angleworm being more of an investigation and less a supernatural spook-em-up, the scares have given way to tension. It’s hard to maintain that, of course, when we all know Zane is innocent of this wrongdoing, right?

I always felt the pacing in Broodhollow was very slow as a whole, with sudden abrupt spikes of action, then back to a slow burn. Certainly didn't get the feeling Angleworm was faster than Curious Little Thing, though.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
This is a food-induced nightmare. The logical conclusion is that they undercook their food and now Zane's got taenia.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Fabricated posted:

I dunno where he's getting the "You don't know yourselves" thing from. I could see someone being like, "Seriously, what in the gently caress us up with a TOWN having unique funeral rites?" but eh?

He might simply have asked questions about the night shift before and gotten answers along the lines of "I don't know, it's how we do things around here".

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Well done, now everybody is expecting to see before the end of this chapter the hideous multi-armed freak who could need a sweater like this.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

DarklyDreaming posted:

Aww he got a little birdhouse for Mercy :3:

Above his bed. That's a very bad idea, the only thing that should be below a bat's sleeping place is a litter box.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Takes a picture of Iris, next panel Iris is no more there. Takes a picture of the sun, next panel it's night time. :tinfoil:

Reminds me of an Iznogoud story where the photo camera would make whatever was photographed disappear from the real world.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Why are you spoiler-tagging things that this video isn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

AriadneThread posted:

what's more terrifying then public-funded media

advertisement funded media

• Locked thread