Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lance Streetman posted:

It was a dark and stormy night (in Seattle), much like tonight, when the unthinkable happened.

Broodhollow updated

That's how we handle things in the city. Probably the best use of ctrl-c + ctrl-v ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Is the Architect out on lunch or something?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Applewhite posted:

I bet Dr. Angstrom is the murderer.
If someone is gaslighting Zane, who could pull it off better than someone with an intimate knowledge of Zane's psychology?
Plus, Zane's fear is that he is killing people to trigger a fear response to help him remember. Who is the only other person in town to give the fear/memory theory real credence? I think that where Zane is fearful of going to such lengths to regain his memories, Dr. Angstrom accepts such extremes as a necessary evil.

Doesn't Dr. Angstrom have an alibi though? If he followed Zane back to his house immediately after leaving the funeral how did he have time to kill the writer and them make it back to Zane's house?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I think the holes are made by the three nail like talons coming out from around it's head.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 24, 2014

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

heenato posted:

How does one remove that with a corkscrew? Unless they pushed it in which is just the worst idea.

Since the wound on Wadsworth's back is a line instead of a hole I think they just used the sharp point to dig into the skin and cut the barb out. It's an alternative way to remove a splinter that you can't pull out (or don't have the right tools for).

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Wait are we really getting updates now? Finally, I was getting bored waiting for chapter 4 to drop.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

You'll probably have to wait a bit longer for that, sorry.
:thejoke:

Fabricated posted:

This is pretty much the problem with most of this horror stuff in that...you could just goddamn leave.

Zane I think might be hosed since he was having nightmares about Broodhollow before he even knew the place existed so maybe when it has its hooks in you, you're pretty much pot-committed.
Zane is definitely in the same boat as the main character from "The Shadow over Innsmouth". He has some connection to the town that he isn't fully aware of (and possibly inherited from his Uncle) in addition to the town's ability to erase memory causing him to

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

What's the worst thing you can say in Broodhollow?

That's like saying "I have two days left til retirement."

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
This side story makes me sad that nobody ever really took the idea of "Use camera to uncover horrors" further than Fatal Frame in video games. I love those games but a lovecraftian tint looks really appealing now.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Glad to see this back. Now to reread it so I can remember everything that happened. (or will I?)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Good to see that someone remembered Spiderman's birthday.
I'm reminded of an interactive fiction game I've played that dealt with a certain yellow themed figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Who knew that a plain jane could know such a foxy dame.

• Locked thread