Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Got an email apologizing and asking for my availability for tomorrow. Hope lives on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!

Fil5000 posted:

Neither is good. They're either not that fussed about you or their processes are crap

woooooo

I'll give em another day before taking the other offer

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

dpkg chopra posted:

Got an email apologizing and asking for my availability for tomorrow. Hope lives on.

That's the ticket.

In other news, I've got a 5 hour onsite today where I'm speaking with 9 different people in various panel / 1:1 interviews. Wish me luck, goons.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
That’s insane. Good luck!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
that sounds fairly reasonable for a senior HR leader

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

dpkg chopra posted:

Had the interview. It went well but for the sake of my sanity I’m going to assume that I’ll never hear from them again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Just got the (verbal) offer for my internal transfer! I was a bit worried about the timing, since I was going to get promoted to lead next month in my current role, but it sounds like my current & soon-to-be bosses both advocated v hard for that to be taken into account.

It’s a 25% increase in pay, and a role I’m very excited about - data science, but entirely focused on game design, truly so specifically targeted towards me & my skill set. I think I’m technically on the low end of the salary band for the role, but to be fair this is the end of my 2nd year working after going back to school so I mean I’m not mad! This is also a role that usually requires a MS/PhD on top of 2-5 YoE so truly it does make sense, I think I’ll just have to make sure my salary doesn’t get too anchored by this. A very common move is to go to FAANG for a few years and then boomerang back here, but hopefully won’t be necessary. I also get to keep my years at the company for accruing more annual weeks of PTO, which is great - I think I’m a year off 3 weeks, and then two more after that for 4?

Thanks to everyone in the thread for the resume help and interview tips, it’s very very appreciated.