Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuthje
Jul 25, 2006
I've got a job for a couple of months processing not all that complicated data in Excel so it properly fits into a new fancy SAP-database. This is my first foray into anything IT-ish. It isn't anything special, except for the employer, which is one of the biggest globally renown companies in my country, so I do want to mention it, especially for international applications. How do I best describe this? Thus far I'm at:

IT, company_name
Supporting the transition to a centralized SAP-database. Responsible for the proper processing of vendor and customer contacts to fit the new system.

Is that enough or does it need something more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuthje
Jul 25, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

What was your title? Dates of employment?
Just started, probably until October, with a possibility for renewal, but that's TBD. Title's are vague here because nobody cares, which is very annoying when writing a CV/Resume, which indeed is half of my predicament.

nuthje
Jul 25, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

What does it say for position on your pay stub? As for dates, it's July 2013 - Present (Contract work) or something like that.
Just checked my pay stub/contract, it says "Excel employee", which is a very succinct description of what I do (and 70% of the workforce probably) but it lacks finesse. Or am I just being a baby and is "Excel employee" not as lovely sounding as I think it is?