Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pookers
Jul 9, 2007
I had an interview yesterday that I think I did really well on thanks to this thread. Some great advice in here! I clicked really well with the manager and she seemed to be impressed with me, so fingers crossed!

I have a question though, I have another interview on Tuesday at a different place. If I am offered the first job before then, how do I stall while waiting to see if I like the second place better? The only reason I'm worried about it happening before then is that she said she had another interview today and then she would decide and most likely get back to me by Monday. If it matters they're both for an entry level patient care job at different hospitals... I'm planning on going to nursing school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookers
Jul 9, 2007

Dead Pressed posted:

You would typically just ask for an extension for a week or so to allow some more time to mull it over. Haven't had a no with that yet.

Would that work for an entry level job that likely has quite a few applicants? I really like this hospital but the hours aren't the best so I wanted to see what the other one is like before I commit. It took me forever to even get an interview though so I really don't want to screw my opportunity up! I've always just accepted jobs I've been offered before.

Just say I need a few days to discuss with my family or something?