Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong
I hope this is in the correct thread, as I'm still technically in the interview process.

I've interviewed twice, and my recruiter (employed by this company) called me and told me that I'm a top candidate and I have a job offer pending my drug test and background check.

The drug test is no issue at all, but there's a problem with my background check. I worked overseas in South Korea for two years and the background check people say my employer isn't responding to inquiries. Now they either want pay stubs or IRS records to confirm my employment. I don't have IRS records because the income was not taxable, and I'm desperately searching for pay stubs but it's been years and I've moved back to the United States and some stuff may have gotten lost in the move.

I do have copies of my work visa and my contract as well as documents and materials related to the job. I'm trying to find out if I can get any information from my Korean bank account, but it's been closed for years. Right now I'm just freaking out that they're not going to offer me the position because of this. Am I overreacting? Is this common? I'm going to call my recruiter on Monday and I want to be able to resolve this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong

Bisty Q. posted:

You are supposed to still file American taxes on money you earned overseas (claiming the Foreign Income Tax Credit), so you might want to consult with a tax professional if this work was done fewer than 7 years ago :shobon:

Thanks, it looks like the employment verification is resolved but I'm definitely going to get in touch with a tax preparer regarding this. :ohdear:

Tojai fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 25, 2013

Tojai
Aug 31, 2008

No, You're Wrong
My internal recruiter made me a job offer. I do agree about the scatterbrained characterization though. My recruiter left me hanging for over a week because she claims she did not notice that my background check cleared (to be fair, it did take quite a while due to trouble verifying international employment). She called me yesterday and made me an offer, and said she would be emailing the documents to me. I asked her to send the email while I had her on the phone, and she declined. Never received any correspondence from her, so I'll have to try again on Monday.

Content:
I applied for a job training employees and was told I am one of the top candidates, and they want us to come in for a final interview that will consist of a 15 minute presentation and a candidate group interview. The presentation is not an issue for me but I have no idea what to expect from the group interview. I'm assuming that means they will interview all of us at the same time, do we just take turns answering the questions?

Tojai fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Aug 3, 2013