Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Successfully predicted nine of the last five recessions

What does a summary of qualifications look like? What should be in it, how should it be formatted, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Any advice on my current resume? I feel like I'm very qualified for the kind of jobs I'm applying for (policy/political) but I haven't had much luck. I just added the summary of qualifications (tailored to a specific job posting) to the top at somebody's advice, I might get rid of it. I dropped some college newspaper experience to make room. In the real resume the actual names of the organizations are there, obviously.

https://db.tt/lLlGlsSl

Thanks!

Econosaurus
Sep 22, 2008

Cover letter question - I moved jobs and industries a few times in my first few years out of college, since I didn't really know what I wanted to do. I loved my last job, which broadly involved business strategy and operations, but left for a legal job that involves some business analysis (I was considering law school and wanted to get exposure before realizing I don't want to be a lawyer). I'm 100% confident that I want to go back and do a business analyst esque job, but my resume has me jumping around a ton.

I can explain the whole thing very well in person, but I'm afraid that people will look at all the movement and just ignore my resume. On the other hand, I don't want to have a huge letter that comes off as apologetic. Any advice?

Also, I'm applying to jobs in another city to try and get closer to my family. Is that worth including, so they have an idea of why I'm applying to something halfway across the country?

Econosaurus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Mar 3, 2015