Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trmarkel
Dec 17, 2008
I was wondering if anyone would be willing to critique my resume. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wtwn7zo1fkr771/Goonsume.doc

Taking advice from the threads, I switched from a duty based resume, to an accomplishment based resume. This is what I have so far. Of course I'll probably spend the rest of the day tweaking it, and customize it for each job, just want to know if I'm on the right track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trmarkel
Dec 17, 2008

DustingDuvet posted:

I did a VERY basic critique mostly of the organization. The content is okay, but the wording needs a lot of improvement. Though I did not really touch on any of that in this review. Hopefully you can see my comments to improve the organization and content throughout. I hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the review. I saw a resume building guide that suggested having an accomplishments section, but it makes sense to put it under the jobs where it was performed instead. I'll definitely work on the wording as well. It usually takes me several tries before I get it to where I like it.

trmarkel
Dec 17, 2008
Success story! After almost 19 months of unemployment/underemployment I finally got a job. I have to say, the tips provided in this thread were invaluable. Before I changed to an achievements based resume, I sent out at least 5 resumes a week and got exactly 2 calls and 1 interview. After I was getting calls all the time and averaged 1 interview a week. Even after that, the way I got my job is hearing about a job fair a local company was doing while working my part-time delivery job. Be friendly to everyone you meet, you never know! Went in and got a job that definitely fits my career level.

Keep your heads up, I was about ready to give up. Also watch for those random opportunities. I would have never thought a random job fair at a company I delivered food to would ever lead to a management job.