Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
The only time I've heard of someone getting blacklisted in Canada is because they basically harassed a company's HR department for four week straight. And I don't mean following up on an interview too often, I mean sending resumes and multiple emails every single day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

A copy of a diploma from an English language institution (e.g. University diploma, HS diploma) might also work.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

Question about recruiters - how common is it for them to be cagey about who they're recruiting for? I understand that they don't want you just calling up the employer, but I work in a super small industry so it's usually easy to guess.

I was approached by a recruiter last month for a position that wasn't listed on the company's website, I guessed who it was with and asked her to confirm (again small industry, I don't want my resume to end up in front of my boss' drinking buddies) and she ghosted me. Just wondering if I committed a faux pas there.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

She sent me the job description with the logo and name hastily stripped out, I thought it was weird. Glad to know it's not just me.

Employer also went on a giant hiring spree and that's like he only job they didn't spam all over the place. Weird.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

So about three years ago, when I was moving employers, a recruiter hooked me up with a an exploratory interview at company X. I completely flubbed it. Not humiliatingly, but... Heh, I wasn't on top of my game and I didn't really know what I was selling.

Flashforward to now, a different recruiter set me up with an exploratory interview with the same HR rep (Tiny industry). I'm thinking I don't bring up the previous interview unless she brings it up first, but anything else I should keep in mind?