Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Black
Dec 5, 2012

Baneling Butts posted:

Hapless ladygoon here: I have my first job interview since high school, and I'm not sure what's appropriate to wear (in college, formal clothes have not been a necessity). According to the weather report, it's going to be about 90F that day, so would a sleeveless and/or light top be OK, or is a jacket to go with my skirt required? Also, are flats instead of heels OK?

What kind of job are you applying for? If it's a professional one, I would go for the skirt/jacket combo with a longer sleeved blouse underneath (despite the weather). If it's like most other jobs, the light/short-sleeved top is fine. Go for a longer sleeved top if you have tattoos on your arms. Also, wearing slacks is perfectly acceptable too if you would prefer to go in them instead of a skirt. You can get slacks for pretty cheap that look great.

I can't wear heels, so I've worn flats to every single interview I've ever done. I haven't had any problems with them, even with the fancier jobs I've tried interviewing for. I don't think heels vs. flats really matters for most job interviews anyway. I would say that bit is really up to you unless, again, you're interviewing for a professional position - then I would choose heels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU