Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

So, I've got a question on listing freelance experience. My primary line of work has been transcription and captioning for 15+ years, and I've got a few long-term clients I've worked for during that time. Listing everybody separately with their own individual bullet points seems repetitive, since I basically did the exact same thing to the exact same standards with everyone involved, but I'm not sure how to put them on the resume otherwise without risking ATS going "what the gently caress is this poo poo" and binning me immediately. Just listing the top ones will leave me with a gap between them and older experience that I'd like to still include since it's relevant to the field I'm applying for.

So, if I've been a freelancer since 2008, and I've got the following list of clients:

Client A 2022-present

Client B 2017-present

Client C 2015-2022

Client D 2012-present

Client E 2010-present

(shitload of individual transcription jobs 2008-2010)

"Real job" 2000-2008

What would be the best way to display that in a way that won't get me filtered out? My gut wants to put an entry for "transcriptionist 2008-present" and then list the individual companies I worked for and time periods underneath that and then the bullet points, but I'm worried that'll choke ATS. I can just list the long-term ones and that gets me back to 2010, but then I've got a gap between that and the previous job, which has a lot of the transferable skills to the field I'm looking for.

kazmeyer fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU