Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Bisty Q. posted:

[*] Your resume should be 1 page. 2 pages if you have extensive experience. Recruiters spend less than 30 seconds reading it. Nobody's going to be mad if it is longer but nobody's going to read it either.
Mind if I challenge this statement? Not every company is Google and gets hundreds of thousands of applications to weed through. I'm certain the recruiter for a smaller or medium-sized company that might struggle to find good talent will spend a few minutes reading a resume at the very least. Recruiting is pretty serious business to many companies, so why would they immediately put a 2-page resume in the shredder just out of spite?

That being said, I still agree that it's a good idea to make it as short as possible. Go over it a few times and cut cut cut what you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU