Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

What da fuck does that mean

Fun Shoe
Then they are probably going to lowball you. Most startups do but as they get funding you can defintely ask for 20% increases. I've gotten 30% twice now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
Yeah, when you're a fresh grad.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
Shave your head

honestly it just seems like some bad luck, that was a terrible way to interview new people and not something you should fret about.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe

leftover posted:

I'm dual national (Dad=American/Mom=Spanish). On my resume how would I list the benefit of that?

"Dual Nationality with America and Spain, native speaker of English and Spanish" ?

Besides usually when applying to jobs their is a separate section where they ask if you legally have the right to work in that country.

Janitor Prime
Jan 22, 2004

PC LOAD LETTER

Fun Shoe
Hey guys, I've got an interview next week with a German startup in Munich and I have a question about salaries. I've got about 3.5 years experience working as a Java team lead and am apply for a similar position, but I have no idea how to gauge if the deal they offer me is fair. They say Munich is one of the most expensive cities in Germany and so I'd expect the salaries to be adjusted accordingly. I've checked places like GlassDoor and others but there aren't many samples since it's mostly a US site. The conclusion I've come to is that €54,000 seems to be about the going rate for software developers and I think 60,000 is reasonable. Am I in the ballpark, am I low balling myself or is that outrageous? Additionally what's the minimum I'd need to get by for my wife and I?