Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
If you dropped out of college (and presumably not so shortly ago that you could say you're continuing soon), should you just leave it off your resume entirely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Quarex posted:

I am no résumé expert, but I have often seen, particularly for mid-career people, some acknowledgement of the number of credit hours they have, particularly if in a field relevant to the industry you are trying to get into. I think "going to college for a few years" still sounds better than "never going to college" (sounds, mind you, the people I know who never went to college on purpose are almost all more successful than the ones who half-heartedly went for a year and dropped out).

Yeah, I'm torn. This is tech, and tech is more likely to forgive the lack of degree, and I've got 5-7 years in my field (depending on how you define 'field) so I'm at least at the point where it's no longer an immediate issue.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
There was a discussion last page about whether or not posting resumes for design critique is kosher - is that alright or should I follow the OP and stfu?

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug
Thanks! The only thing I missed in the OP was that I wasn't sure if I should have a separate section for qualifications, so I tried to just work relevant portions into the jobs. The other portion was that working in tech and being fairly certain my resume would be read digitally based on the hiring I've been involved in here, I went with a sans-serif font instead of serif. Apparently PDF murders the font somehow though, so that was weird, which is why it's docx

Let me know if the link doesn't work:
Edit - link broke, ignore this whole thing.

Edit: this is targeted at a Systems Engineering position with an emphasis on troubleshooting and communications, although I'm mostly looking for general things I hosed up.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 14, 2013