Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul
I've worked with and for guys like this, before. Likely, we all have. No matter what you do, or how you do it, he is the injured party. You gave him dozens or hundreds of hours of free, revenue-producing labor, but he says you owe him for his valuable knowledge. You spent your money in good faith, expecting to be reimbursed, and decided he would withhold payment in compensation for an imaginary debt he decided you owed him. Of course there's a fake lawyer letter, it's almost a requirement in these cases. After jerking you around pre-hearing, you finally get him into a courtroom, and, surprise, the judge rules in your favor. Now, being a sore loser on top of being an egotistical prick, he decides to jerk you around for a while more, either refusing to accept that he is wrong, or choosing to maliciously waste your time, or both.

I am glad you're pursuing this to the bitter end. I would be tempted to either beat $1,000 worth of poo poo out of him, or just drop the whole thing after this much effort. Can you now re-open the issue of punitive compensation, since he is once again opening this case with the courts? I hope so. Keep us updated on this little drama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Subjunctivitis posted:

The judge was pissed that the photographer stopped payment on his checks and that he didn't pay the remaining invoices, since we had an ongoing fee-for-work relationship. The judge was also pissed at me for up and quitting the training and not "being a man about it" and giving him an ultimatum.

Haha, what the gently caress? The guy illegally uses you as unpaid labor, then stops payment on checks he's written you for debts you incurred on his behalf, and you get a lecture on responsibility?

• Locked thread