Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.
FWIW, it is absolutely against the law, unless you are a registered non-profit, to have "interns" doing labor from which you derive material benefit without paying them.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.htm

You could absolutely and correctly threaten to bring an investigation against him (or you could not threaten to, and do it anyways).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

quote:

You are being a pushover. Don't be a pushover. Go to court, get your money. Hell, its very possible just filing will be enough to make him pay up.

I think sending a formal letter isn't a bad idea. He's clearly working through the steps here. Although actually what you might do is just wait until he fails to pay your July 1 invoices and then include those in the court filing. Take care of all your birds with one stone. I don't know if a court filing in your favor on the past due stuff would somehow apply to invoices which he is not "late" on yet.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

coolbian57 posted:

I'm currently working at an unpaid internship doing web development, as I wanted to gain experience in programming before graduating and I still have a part time job on the side with flexible hours, so I can still make money over the summer. However, it's going a bit below my expectations for a few reasons...

Is this anything other than a non-profit company? If so, them not paying you is against the law =).

• Locked thread