Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Serious George posted:

I wish they would pick up on that cancelled game that would've been based on Gotham by Gaslight. The idea of Victorian Batman excites me, especially if they focus more on the detective aspects of the gameplay (Batman doing elaborate martial arts in that millieu feels off to me).

I know this is from the last page, but I had no idea about this and it just sounds so cool. The best thing about it would be if there had been zero steampunk-influence.

As for the combat, I could totally see Batman fighting like a brawler. Just lots of punches and slams. Now I've gotten my hopes up for a game that'll never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I'm really curious to see how the hell they plan to make these assassins interesting in the AC combat system.

Hopefully it means a lot more boss fights in the vein of the Mr. Freeze fight.

edit: And by that I mean each fight being tailored to that character's unique style.

El Tortuga fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 19, 2013

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Ugh, multiplayer achievements. I loving hate multiplayer achievements. Often times, those are the only ones keeping me from 100%'ing games. I only work on achievements that help me enjoy every corner of the game, and as much as it was a chore sometime I got them all for AA and AC. Though, maybe the MP will be vastly improved from the beta impressions and it'll be a lot of fun to play. I can only hope.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Getting the achievements in AA/AC was awesome but fuuuuuuuck the Catwoman challenge rooms. I had never been so legitimately mad a video game before.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

I'm still over here shaking my fist about the multiplayer achievements. Let alone the quality of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

We're talking dream Batman games? All I'm gonna say is:

Gotham By Gaslight

• Locked thread