Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Some Numbers posted:

Tell your Khorne to take the Bloodletter upgrade and watch him destroy you.

Yeah, the expansion upgrade for Bloodletters that give them VPs for doing what Khorne already wants to do at all times is absurd. I played a four player game recently as Slaanesh, and Khorne beat me through victory points while never ruining or dominating a single region (he got contribution points for a couple and a few VPs through dead peasants). I hit 50 exactly, and he got well over 50. It feels like all Khorne really needs and wants to do is just maul at least one unit in a square - you don't care if bloodletters survive as long as you get a kill. Grab the bloodletter upgrade first, the upgrade that gives an additional combat die if you roll at least one, and then go to town killing dudes with bloodletters. If you don't win on VPs, then you'll win on dial advancements.

The only way to counter it is to stop Khorne from getting kills, which essentially boils down to dice and some spells. There are probably some things I'm missing, but in my experience, Khorne generally is either in first or second in both VPs and dial advancement, and this is true almost regardless of who is playing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Both. My first expansion game, our Khorne rolled about 2 hits in the first two rounds combined. He finally managed to get his upgrade at the end of round 3, grabbed the Bloodletter upgrade and proceeded to first tie and then pace Nurgle in VP.

I have never seen Khorne lose after taking Bloodletters. In fact, I played with one Khorne who actively decided to take other upgrades because Bloodletter upgrade-fueled victories feel hollow to him.

I will absolutely agree with this. We had a game where every god but Khorne was focusing on putting down corruption, dominating regions, and ruining regions ASAP. Khorne won by victory points (58 points or so while Slaanesh hit 50 exactly and everyone else was in the 40s) despite never dominating a region and only getting participation points for 1-2 regions being ruined. It's bonkers because you get doubly rewarded for doing what you should already be doing - killing as many dudes as possible wherever possible.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

Len posted:

That was a blast. Khorne won although we aren't sure if we were reading the rules right. Do you get one tick per region you kill a guy in or one tick per guy killed in a region?

Note that the person who fulfills the most dial advancement conditions in one turn gets two dial advancements. All other players get one dial advancement. If there is a tie for the most, nobody gets the double advancement.

• Locked thread