Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Grundulum posted:

If that's true, then someone must have ignored (intentionally, I suppose) the warnings about not bringing anything reflective into the room. There's also the question of how Rose can transfer from mirror to mirror with ease, as that doesn't fit with the quote you included.
It could just be that she's stuck inside Blake's eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

NinjaDebugger posted:

I took that warning to be about him getting possessed.
And he is pretty much. She's stuck in reflective surfaces (supposedly) and tied to Blake. It's not even clear normals can see her.

Algid fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 8, 2014

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

NecroMonster posted:

I need to reread Blake's chat with granny in light of the fact that she cannot tell a lie.
That's not quite true, they can still lie, it just severely weakens them, which might not matter given how she's about to die anyways.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

I thought the Duchamps did have boys, they aren't just faced with much expectations. I think the "line" was just something specific to Sandra? Or that maybe the firstborn is always a girl. In their deal with the Drunk the aunt mentioned that any girls are theirs and that the Drunk can raise one of their children to his faith, which implies (moreso since they can't lie) that sometimes boys are born.
No, later on it specifically mentioned how they have ways of ensuring that the children are girls.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

That's what I thought of immediately when she said that she liked the rules. It's not exactly an obscure hidden detail.

I wonder how the mechanics of spirit/real world magic reflection is supposed to work. Did Rose just make a random person go on a rampage? What's the real world version of the dolls?

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Out of the frying pan, into the fire, out of the fire into the furnace, out of the furnace into the plasma arc welder, out of the plasma arc welder into the sun... Genuinely, it's worse all the way down. But so good for all that.
Out of the sun, into the superposition of all possible suns in multiple universes.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

TheRagamuffin posted:

I wonder what Laird's been up to in the last 2 days and 23 hours, though...
:shrek:

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

I'm not noticing anything either.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Blake should have just totally :smug:ed his way through that. Yeah I killed him, are you saying I shouldn't have?

Wasn't expecting Paige to show up this early though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Standard Canadian values, do you have it?

• Locked thread