Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
I honestly really liked worm but ever since the whole [late spoilers] CLONING SLAUGHTER HOUSE 9, ~9 SIBERIANS~ and now they are all like mind controlled slaves of jack. It just seems like a plot arc that was done way better with Enchidna/Noelle. I just cant seem to get back into it since that happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

veekie posted:

Imp sure is getting classy.

I think teacher got to her, they have made a big focus on that she is suddenly using big words.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
I still think the whole Eidelon connection is a red herring, maybe his death disappearance marked humanities inability to fight back on any meaningful level which screws up the end-bringers purpose?

I mean they are there to fight humanity to the very brink but not push them over it like scion is doing, this would produce lots of mature/second trigger/newly triggered capes and would make sure that the constant pressure kept them united and not in open war. There is too much being alluded with all the pseudo religious imagery and how they seem to exist with a purpose to apply pressure but not wipe out humanity to be Eidelon just wanted to fight strong dudes and be a hero without coming off as anti climatic.

Things get weird I suppose when you look at the meaning behind Eidolons name too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eidolon_(apparition)

Zasze fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 9, 2013

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

You want a nose bleed? Taylor's running into and mostly beating Lung started the whole series of events that left the city in a heightened state of conflict, and thus a good target for an Endbringer attack in the first place.

Contessa running into Lung started the whole chain of events that led to Lung being in Brockton Bay in the first place.

I like how the pre-destination /cognition stuff is handled is kinda in the background rather than beating the reader over the head with it.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
Worm: Doing all the wrong hrrrrnnnnggg for all the right hrrrrnnnng (and other web serials)

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Pierson posted:

I seriously hope there's a planned aftermath/reactions chapter from the POV of everyone but Weaver; Protectorate, Undersiders, internet chatroom, everyone, as they realise the smart bug kid from a B-list team is now an all-controlling god-queen.

This is assuming she releases control of anyone when she is done with scion, with a sequel planned I could easily see taylor being some sort of background threat in whatever form the remnants of humanity takes.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

NecroMonster posted:

Apparently nothing because her big plan to shoot Taylor with a gun that shoots air with a surpurflous glass "people" tube inside failed, because the being who can perfectly see the future and past of nearly anyone she observes missed the definitely dead bug girl with said blow-dryer.

We might find out in the epilogue that it blew people who were chasing her away, But who knows.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
I was kinda hoping she would be the new end-bringer level threat in the sequel, a dimension hopping mind controller snapping up capes for ~something~ and all put into motion by the simurgh :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Skippy McPants posted:

I think it can mostly be fixed by having time flow a bit more leading up to the skip. I always found is kinda crazy that only like... three weeks pass during the first twenty or so arcs.

In my head I had it as the outsiders being together for almost a year but then a character references it back and the first half of the story takes place over like 2 months :psyduck:

another thing about the timeskip is that taylor seems to be really hung up on the undersiders where as she was with golem and crew for like two years and seemed to hardly be attached to them.

• Locked thread