Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

So like I said, not my fault. Nobody can judge me for it.
But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
Human teenager Rainbow Dash was hot!

Cytokinesis posted:

If someone posts a good spoiler policy I would be glad to update the OP.

A title change would be nice too, because we really aren't discussing anything but Worm here.

How about only putting spoiler tags from the current and previous arc with a warning that possible spoiling may occur before the post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Cytokinesis posted:

I'm thinking of asking for a name change, as this is basically just a Worm thread, and the title probably isn't drawing too many people in. Does anyone know who I should message to get the title changed?

Also, any suggestions along those lines? Right now I'm thinking something like

Worm: Everything gets worse.

Worm: When life gives you powers, sucker punch a god.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
The fact that I had something to read all of the time when I first started was pretty much the best thing ever and even now WildBow releases new chapters with such frequency that I'm never really jonesing for more for too long. WildBow is like the best drug dealer ever.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

OneTwentySix posted:

Does she get anything from Cauldron capes, though? I don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but they don't have shards, or at least, not Scion/Partner's shards, so they might not work for her.

She has Grey Boy and I'm pretty sure he is a Cauldron cape.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

thespaceinvader posted:

There is worse to come.

This describes this series so very perfectly.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
I swear to Zion, if WildBow doesn't give us a chapter from either Taylor's point of view or someone in the thick of this most recent development I am going to throw a motherfucking temper tantrum.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
I just finished the new chapter and... gently caress I don't know man, how am I supposed to deal with this?

Edit: Also the thread title is even more accurate now.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
I'm pretty sure WildBow said that he thought that this was his weakest story in his mind, so I'm wondering if he's having a harder time writing it than he will the others.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.
People new to Worm are adorable.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Neurosis posted:

It's a long serial so it will be a long time before I am enlightened as the rest. Feel free to laugh at my posts until then.

Regent is cool in addition to Tattletale because he is such a beautiful oval office. What he did to Shadow Stalker when he first possessed her felt completely appropriate and I found it hard to feel too disgusted.

I didn't mean it in an insulting way, more it's awesome when someone starts reading because I almost get to experience it all over again through the thread.

I definitely prefer Pact over all of the other samples out so far except for maybe Face which is never going to outpace Boil, so Pact gets my vote.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

withak posted:

Maybe in comics, but urban fantasy is way more common in actual written books. What other superhero novels are there that are anywhere close as popular as the shelves of UF in bookstores?

Just because something has been done it doesn't mean it has been done by Wildbow and the fact that you seem to have so little faith in Wildbows writting ability is disturbing... I think you need to take a good long look at what makes Worm great and then you'll realize that Pact will be great for the same reasons.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Tollymain posted:

Teacher's power was pretty much "I've got people for that."

This is about as perfect a description gets.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

7c Nickel posted:

Just blitzed through Worm in less than a week.

How is that even possible???

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

veekie posted:

More like anything outside of sabotaging him would be fair game. Spying on him for the lawyer's own reasons for example. Or getting his karmic debt even higher by helping him. It can do a LOT.

I don't think it would increase his Karmic debt because he's paying them. Right? But I wouldn't be surprised if they used him to spy.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Blasphemeral posted:

I really appreciated the trope-reversal Wildbow added regarding Natural and Cauldron triggers where the reader is natually predilected to think that "natural" triggers are preferrable and "right" when early in the story, but by the end, with the reveals about how "natural" triggers occur, it's shown that cauldron capes are generally better all-around as long as the mix they get is good.

I disagree pretty strongly on this point. I don't think that it matters how you get your powers, it depends entirely on what kind of person you are. Look at the SH9, off the top of my head three of their most dangerous and deranged members were Cauldron Capes. The reason Cauldron has so few crazies is that they run extensive tests before administering the serum.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Grundulum posted:

I don't think Rose can take an implement; didn't her awakening ceremony fail, meaning she isn't a true practitioner?

Not fail so much as she has no way of drawing any real power to use magic. If she had some way of drawing power that wasn't from Blake then she could affect the world in a similar manner as a ghost (I think).

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

SerSpook posted:

So Blake is kind of hosed.

This is Wildbow we are talking about here so everyone is always hosed and everything is always going to poo poo and if it doesn't seem like it then its going to get a lot worse in the next chapter.

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Tollymain posted:

I wonder how much the inversion of the traditional western moral/ethical depictions of communism and capitalism tends to turn folks off?

Judging by that sentence I'm guessing a lot. What are you talking about anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

why oh WHY
Apr 25, 2012

But, yeah...
Okay.
I admit it.

Affi posted:

Worm question!
So I'm rereading and accidentally stumbled on his fanfiction page and jus reading the blurbs made me shudder. Has anyone tried reading it? Is there any good fanfiction?

I haven't found any good fan fiction of Worm and I actively tried finding some. Even if you find someone who actually knows how to write its difficult to not have holes in the background story because of how much world building WildBow did.

• Locked thread