Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The Shortest Path posted:

The fact that Simurgh's power works at all means that all free will is predetermined, which means it isn't really free will.

This is one of the stupidest things to take from the narrative, but that's kind of my problem with Worm.

This always seemed like a specious argument. I can observe you making a choice. Like, I can watch you make your choice to order a cheese pizza instead of a broccoli alfredo one. This doesn't mean that you couldn't make that choice, because to argue that would be stupid. Likewise, I can review my surveillance tapes of your house and watch you make a choice you made last week. If I can watch you make a choice NEXT week, there's still no problem. You stared at, for example, the cookies in the supermarket, and picked out the ones with melted Heath bars in them, and the fact that I watched you do it doesn't change, whether it's from the past, present, or future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Then on a different note: Is there any chance the OP can be updated with some good non-Wildbow web serials? I like talking about Worm as much as the next guy, but it'd be nice to not have to trawl the whole thread for recommendations.

• Locked thread