Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Interlude 27: So, Eidolon sucked the power out of dying folks. Did this include Taylor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
If he isn't fine, Glaistig will have a fun new toy.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Skippy McPants posted:

Based on comments made the plan is to finish, edit and then self publish the ebook. A physical copy might show up later if the money for it materializes.

This could be crowdfunded. I'd Kickstart it.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

withak posted:

So while reading the backlog via Instapaper, for one chapter the "read later" function gave me the text from one of the comments at the bottom of the page instead of the story text itself. It would have been obvious that something was wrong, except the particular comment happened to be a big chunk of erotic fanfiction. :gonk: It took a while to figure out that the story hadn't actually gone in a totally unexpected direction.

This sounds like it could be hilarious. Can we get some details?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

sirtommygunn posted:

Maybe Contessa's death was somehow vital to defeating Scion

28.xScion has Contessa's power, and the good guys need a way to beat that if they're going to beat him. If the Irregulars have something that trumps Contessa, then it should help against Scion as well.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

hollylolly posted:

Worm: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire

Worm: Out of the Frying Pan, Into the Fire, Then out of that Fire, Into a Bigger Fire.

There is no biggest fire.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Yeah. I'm not sure what to make of Satyr. He's a Cauldron cape, and his "best friend" is a powerful Cauldron agent. On the other hand, he's been working to expose Protectorate corruption, which leads straight back to Cauldron.

Who knows what his motivations are at this point.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
29.7 Welp, it looks like Taylor's been crippled... again. It's kinda neat how that isn't treated like a particularly big deal. At this point, having her arm crushed isn't even in her top three medical emergencies. Why did her ball break, anyway.

Also, Dr. Mom might not be dead. In fact, if her powers kick in, she'll probably heal back to full HP.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
29.8 Looks like I was wrong about Doc Mama.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

thespaceinvader posted:

Did Sveta make it?

29.8I hope so, but I doubt that she could take cover with the rest of the group without killing anyone.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Why is everybody freaki...

Oh.

Oh.

gently caress.

NecroMonster posted:

Worm; Oh jesus what did you do Taylor.

Lord_Pigeonbane fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 15, 2013

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
This wasn't recent, but why was Taylor able to shoot Jack when they were at the school?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Mr. Fowl posted:

Well, they've mentioned that when two clairvoyants fight, their powers cancel out, so it might be a similar, though lesser effect because their shard-related powers don't perfectly align. Or maybe Jack was just loving with her because he knew the mesh would catch the bullet.

That's a shame. If their powers didn't cancel each other out, a Contessa vs. Jack Slash fight would have been awesome.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Which begs the question: why would Teacher want to keep that from getting out?

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Some of the first capes she snatched were the ones that make Yangban possible. She could share all the powers of all the capes, everywhere.

I kinda hope that it isn't this simple.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Blinks77 posted:

I think it was a case of Glaistig being more than aware that her objective of simply putting him to sleep wasn't viable anymore. She'd lost and knew it

Glaistig made Taylor take control of each of her ghosts individually. Maybe she couldn't shut the gates or disintegrate Taylor because the manifestations of her power were under Taylor's control.

Tollymain posted:

poo poo, with Doormaker dead they better hope they can set up a new sort of portal system between worlds.

They already have the ability to make permanent portals.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I want some closure with Dinah.

I wonder how many of these epilogues we'll get. Honestly, there's enough material to cover to keep Wildbow busy for quite some time.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Did anyone else think that the Alec doppelganger was going to be one of the Heartbroken? Operation "Kick Teacher in the Balls" had been a success, and the Undersider girlsquad was there to track Taylor down?

Also, the revelation about Brian changes a few things. It's pretty sad to think about Aisha following Taylor around, acting as a soothing voice out of nowhere, so soon after her brother was killed. Taylor insisted that he come to the oil platform. He was going to walk away, but that bad call got him killed.

Come to think of it, Aisha was there watching over Taylor when she came to after the oil platform. She seems to have no hard feelings about Brian at all.

I loved this story, and I'm impatiently waiting for it to go up for sale.

Edit: Yes, I know that he's planning to spend years editing it first.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Neurosis posted:

I'm halfway through 25.3 of Worm and holy poo poo is Taylor becoming unlikeable. Thrusting others into danger for her own sense of entitlement, being manipulative as gently caress and continually getting away with it. Making it hard to read at times.

If it makes any difference, Tecton agrees with you. In the end, Golem is the only one on the team that appreciates being pushed like this.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I don't buy that Paige was Granny's first choice... not after she ran away crying. I figure that Grandma Rose would want a heiress with more of a spine than that.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I figure that Molly was picked over Blake because Granny had said that she would choose a woman.

I see no reason to think that Mirror Rose is awakened or awakenable. It's possible that she isn't even alive or human. There's no telling whether she'd make a good familiar. I could definitely see Wildbow burdening Blake with a lovely familiar.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!

Tollymain posted:

I wonder what life is like for muggles in the North End :ohdear:

I think that they just sit around and fume about how much they hate whoever lives in Rose's house.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Blake would make a remarkably poor perch for a flame sparrow.

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
Is Johannes dead, though? The Barber is a demon of ruination, and he's been making his own minions. I could imagine him keeping Johannes alive as a mindless, crippled servant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Pigeonbane
Nov 24, 2002

Just the ladies, now!
I'm reading it. It's pretty good so far.

• Locked thread