Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I don't dislike his action sequences, I dislike the long action sequences. They just need to get broken up somehow. One arc is totally fine, but when it stretches to two or three it gets to be a bit much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

She appears to have been planning all along for something of this sort to happen.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I'm just viewing it as a spiritual journey, the lost and broken need to make peace with themselves and reach enlightenment and this healing will be the process by which he escapes. Or something.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I didn't mean to say literally, he's obviously there I agree.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Friday is going to be extra cool this time!

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Blake shall overcome. I want to believe.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

At least nobody can touch him now.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

It'll be cool as hell when Mags makes a move to reclaim herself. Can't wait. Probably at the end of this war which will take forever, though.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Bah, you guys are such pessimists. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Well, something much more than a simple vestige or bogeyman that's for sure. My theory thus far was that he was a vestige cut off of one of the sacrificial relatives, but if he's something to be feared in this manner then he's either been tainted by something a la Rose and Conquest or he wasn't cut off of a relative but was something else entirely made to fit the role of Rose's other. I can't decide what. I'm almost inclined to re-read everything now just for a fresh take on things.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

A reflection of a demon bound with the history and self perception of a human could perhaps overcome the issues of his base nature.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

This next arc will be fun.

Fellwenner fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Sep 4, 2014

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I am so annoyed that Blake and Rose still aren't communicating. I feel that if they were just explicit with each other all the time there would be less issues. Why can't Rose just come out and say what the hell her problem with what Blake is, is? Just tell him. "This is why you're in the mirror prison and not out helping me." Instead she's just being a secretive, imperious bitch.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Oh, forgot about that.

I just want everyone to get along.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Sounds like we're about to have a contest between two of the genius types, then.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Tollymain posted:

Well, Jacob's Bell had a good run, time to pack it in

On the one hand they're seriously competent practitioners who have surely accounted for all of the variables, but on the other hand I think they're going to regret going at Rose and leaving her without any better options. Nobody puts Rosey in the corner!

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

It'll be interesting if, in trying to drive out and isolate Rose, the rest of the town just added more Thorburns into the mix. Exactly the sort of twisted, backstabbing people you don't want knowing about magic and demons.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Are we getting a Wednesday update this week?

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Makes my decision to sit out this arc a good one.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I just want Blake and Rose to be buddies. Don't hate. Thorburns united against the world!

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Sounds like a drat mess.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Yeah, Blake really does have to end up in the Abyss again before the end for his third treatment. I imagine this ending is likely akin to how Leviathan arc in Worm brought the opening portions of it to a transition point.

Maybe the bell is going to be driving every other insane and they'll attack enough of the practitioners to force all of whomever remains into one camp. Something like that. I don't see Jacob's Bell continuing at the end as it has been.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Only thing I can think of is Wildbow needed a way to get a couple of extra weapons into Blakes' hands. Seriously annoying way to do it though.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Blake seemed much more imposing in this chat. Bogeymanish. And I love that he straight up asked for a hit list and then got it.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Well that seemed a bit too easy.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

So what's left? Wrapping up the lordship, the resolution with Rose and then a boss fight with Urasur is pretty much it.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Taking a month off at a time is the way to go.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I feel that if Worm's first 10 arcs hadn't had so much world and character building, thanks to not having constant fights, it wouldn't have been as good. Hopefully Twig goes better!

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

It would make more sense if she had just been killed outright.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Senerio posted:

Contessa used her power, realized that no, she couldn't beat Taylor, and did the best she could with what she had.

I choose to believe that Taylor died, and her epilogue on Earth-Aleph is the afterlife. She'd saved the universe, and got to rest in peace, knowing it was safe.

Eh, shooting someone in the head sort of qualifies as beating them.

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

To echo NecroMonster, it doesn't make any sense to put her in a coma. What's the point? Kill her or save her. Her story has ended and shouldn't be held in limbo.

About the re-write, I hope it is significant. A lot of changes should be made. The timeskip, Tattletales deus ex machina power (I know powers are physics defying, but this one affects the story rather than the story universe). And leaving aside the absurdity of talking about realism, I don't see capes, good or villain, holding off on killing. Yes, there have been killers, S9, Hookwolf, etc., but I'm talking about the good guys and the non-cartoonish villain stereotypes. As Kincaid said, all it takes is a bullet from a distance and it doesn't matter what magic powers you have. I see Government being fully compromised by capes, and Government also fully embracing Cauldron. Really, who gives two shits if someone got their powers 'naturally' or not?

Fellwenner fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Aug 1, 2015

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Milky Moor posted:

It's called "bad writing", actually. Where are the tragic elements in Worm?

How is it bad writing? Aside from obvious first draft issues. Because it isn't happy, without looking at the epilogues?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

I don't think it's necessary to spoil Worm discussions at this point.

• Locked thread