Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Great chapter tonight. It's fun when wildbow gets a chance to play around with different formats. This chapter felt a lot like a Worm interlude, getting a bunch of different looks at characters and motivations. The events described were interesting. I guess we know why Blake needed all those weapons.

Also, I can no longer complain about fat fingers on an iOS keyboard. At least mine are flesh rather than wood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
New chapter up, in which Wildbow pays homage to Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

someone in the comments posted:

Following the Scott Pilgrim parallel, I’d say that Landon is Gideon Gordon Graves due to the mind control, Eric and Stan are Kyle and Ken Katayanagi due to being brothers, I figure a pyromancer would be a thematically appropriate opponent for Green Eyes, and thus can parallel Roxanne Richter in fighting Blake’s girlfriend, and finally we have the Benevolent guy as… Todd Ingram. The Vegan, who’s brought down by threefold acts of impurity.

Plus they both take place in Canada, right?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I wonder if it's possible to split good and bad karma. Instead of going into one big pool that cancels out good and bad, store good karma separately so that it can be passed on to a different person from the bad karma. Certainly could explain why the Thorburn heirs have had such monumentally lovely luck while Blake lately seems to be catching a lot of breaks for a Wildbow protagonist.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Note to all: Evan remains the best character in Pact. After commenting on the "chicken nugget" nickname, he tells Green Eyes that he never got to eat sushi as a kid. :)

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Well, we know Blake hasn't had his third run-in with the Abyss yet, and it seems that others are aware he needs three as well. (How exactly that happened is something I'd be interested in finding out.)

My money is on this end-of-arc cliffhanger being Rose throwing Blake into the Abyss herself. "You're too dangerous. Can't let you exist here. It's for your my own good."

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
That was fun. The more we see of Alister, the more I'm liking him (I hope he stays this way -- Blake could use some more allies that aren't drenched in bad juju). He reminds me of what Blake might have become without the Thorburn karma (and a hefty dose of personality manipulation). Rose seriously seems to be stuck in paranoia mode, to the point that even Alister is picking up that she's more hostile towards Blake than she needs to be. Either something's up with that, or Wildbow is just okay with having her be a completely unsympathetic character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Namarrgon posted:

Is that mirror the one with Conquest in it?

If it isn't, then I will feel a little bit cheated. We know Corvidae has the one you're thinking of, and I can't remember any others mentioned in the story.

• Locked thread